“Just over the Spanish border”
Review of Ibis Irun

Ibis Irun
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Irun
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Great hotel just what we wanted, dog friendly, perfect position off motorway
Over the border, fab little restaurant open till late. We drove from Cherburg and were
hungry and exhausted bad traffic enroute. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Didier H, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Irun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Sir, Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel ibis Irun. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We stayed here with our 4 cats on our return journey from Alicante to Scotland. The hotel is very clean, and comfortable. The staff are very welcoming and friendly and work hard. Only slight complaint which has been mentioned before is that room did smell of smoke possibly from a previous guest.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Though often a reliable hotel chain, Ibis Irun was disappointing. The staff were OK, though not especially welcoming. Non smoking room reeked of smoke, bed and linen included. Many dinner menu items were unavailable and breakfast was not much more than OK.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Didier H, Director General at Ibis Irun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Irun. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Redha Sardi
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2016

My purpose was just to have a decent room for a night on my journey from the South of Spain to the North of France. I purposely booked in a standard IBIS hotel and did not aim to have too much expectations. It was a booking rather for short stops with a car, that was my purpose at least. However, things turned out to be much different.
I have travelled around a lot and can compare quite well even on an international level.
This hotel was the best ever I have met in this category. Here are my reasons.
The welcoming culture and the friendliness of the Bask people is just amazing. I even was offered a free drink of my choice when I mentioned that my predecessor who occupied my room the night before must have smoken against all rules. The staff was so helpful. The rooms are very clean and well furnitured. The breakfast was great. There had excellent Spanish cheese and smoked Serrano ham from nearby producers. Everything was just tasty. A late arrival after midnight is also possible.
Even if I just rushed through for a night, against all my expectations, I kept an excellent memory of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Didier H, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Irun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Sir, Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel ibis irun. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Very nice comfortable hotel that if it has a fault they are not used to somebody staying 5 nights like we did as room keys get reset everyday and so does WIFI code on a regular basis, but once you are used to this you work around it. The restaurant has improved since previous stays and had several really nice meals of an evening.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irun
0.8 km away
4 km away
Hotel Rio Bidasoa
Hotel Rio Bidasoa
#6 of 9 in Hondarribia

Been to Ibis Irun? Share your experiences!