All reviews roman ruins nice modern hotel staff were helpful free wifi clean rooms tapas car park excellent location street spain parking theatre euros outskirts
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I don't mean to say that my experience is similar to others, nor do I consider myself too demanding, but for the life of me I can't get why people are rating this as a Very Good choice. The room is old and crumbling, wiring that gives you shocks when you turn on the improvised lighting, the carpets are old and filthy, the towels had holes in them... Granted my room was on the top floor, near one of the edges, meaning my room's ceiling slanted downwards because of the buildings roof profile, but this room was awful. The view? I tried pulling back the curtain on the small window in my room and ended up with the curtain rod in my hand. Rigging it back in to place and pulling the "curtain" aside revealed a small 3mt by 3mt patio with nothing but walls. One of the worst rooms I ever stayed in. Aircon... didn't work. The bathtub is a nightmare (mold and the shower head doesn't go very high because the shower is in a nook right under the low part of the ceiling).
Look anywhere and you'll notice the place in dire need of reparations. Huge ones.
The hotel restaurant is pricey as all hell and the portions are those post modernist work of art imitations. That's to say, you'll get something smaller than half an orange on a plate and they'll charge you some 40 euro for the "privilege".
Only mild up side was the service, although that too was average at best.
No sir... I don't usually say this much... but I won't be returning any time soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Dear guess:

Firstly, we would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Velada Mérida Hotel. We are really sorry to read your comments about all the issues you mentioned. Our only aim is try to do our best in all areas, and not being able to fulfill your complete satisfaction, for us, is a way of knowing that we must pay more attention to details. That is why, we kindly ask for your apologies.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and better match your expectations this time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Excellent room, excellent cleaning, excellent wifi, friendly staff in particular at the reception...
One thing tough: not enough staff in the restaurant... The same people early in the morning, late at night, even during the week-ends... They had sometimes difficulties to be nice because they must be exhausted and without family lifes... I hope that at least they are well paid.
The lack of staff obliged us to take breakfast when they can... Not normal in an hotel of this category where usually the buffet is ready early and you can have breakfast when you want and not when the hotel wants (8 am ? I use to have breakfast much earlier).

Room Tip: avoid the sixth floor, when the air conditionning is not working, it is horribly hot even in April.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 2 May 2017

Dear MT2601,

Firstly, we want to thank you for taking your time to write your comment about your experience at Hotel Velada Merida.
We are especially pleased that the staff, rooms and services were of your total satisfaction.
From Manager Department we assure you that we take note about your comments to improve our installations. We hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Hotel is only a 6 minute walk to the main attractions in Merida (Roman theatre, Amphitheatre and Museum). A supermarket is just across the road. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are a good size and water is hot and has good pressure. Wifi is for only 4 devices

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rodman100
Management response:Responded 10 April 2017

Dear Sir Rodman100, it's a really pleasure for us to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We are so greatful for your comments.
We hope to see you soon. Best Regards.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Good hotel. The room is confortable.
Walking distante from the main atractions, such as city centre, the Roman Bridge and the Roman Theater, which is an amazing place.
The staff is reasonable, not much polite.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 23 January 2017

Dear Cristina P, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel with traditional rooms and with good service, lobby is OK- we paid 60€ a room. It is 3-4 blocks to the famous Roman Ruins, so it's perfectly located for sightseeing in this historic roman town.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Clevlander
Management response:Responded 2 November 2016

Dear Clevlander, grateful for the time spent on describing your stay in our hotel. We hope to see you soon. Best regards.