All reviews excellent location staff were helpful central location minute walk one night ramblas street parking roman
Reviewed 9 April 2017

My daughter and I have an overnight stop in Merida on our way to Sevilla from Madrid. The location could not be better with easy walking to the Teatro Romana, Temple of Diana, museum, and downtown restaurants and shops. Parked right on the street in front of the hotel in space they reserved for us.

Front desk staff was very professional and room was nice and clean. Breakfast for six euros was good value but nothing extensive. Would definitely stay here again if have chance to return.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wpalmer
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The Ramblas Emerita hotel sits on one of the main routes into the town centre, parking is on the main streets and squares that surround the hotel, we had a room at the front of the hotel on the second floor nicely cleaned and furnished both the bedroom and bathroom. The staff were very good and understanding, air con standard in the bedroom. Breakfast was in the cafe / bar that was part of the hotel, it was a standard continental offering. All rooms were none smoking but clearly the first one we were offered it was obvious that previous occupants had been smoking however no problem and we were given another room.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank JeffR605
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here as part of our motorcycle tour of Spain. On street parking outside or very near to the hotel, or secure parking behind the hotel for 10 euros per night which we chose.
Very helpful staff, the room was fine, with plenty of space. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on this. The location is superb, being very easy to walk into the main shops and eateries. Merida has fantastic examples of Roman architecture. But at 35 deg the walks in between felt long, but this was just the heat. Plenty of places to eat, in and around the main square.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Cannot get too excited about this hotel. Location was good and within walking distance of railway station. When booking directly with the hotel I asked for a twin room with a walk in shower. On arrival I was told they do not have any twin bed rooms. A bit late to tell me at check in, so that was very annoying and deceptive. The towels were the size of a hand towel. I took one down to reception, unfolded, and suggested we had not been given bath towels. She replied that yes, these were actually bath towels. I said you have to be joking, please send some more to the room as these will not do the job! Two more were sent up. The next day we returned to our room after it had been cleaned to find 2 hand towels and 2 proper sized towels, so obviously they had been forgotten on the first day. Again, annoying! When we pulled the covers back to go to bed we found that there was one long sausage shaped pillow across the double bed with no others provided! Seriously!! Wifi was pretty poor, a feature in Spain. On the plus side the hotel was clean with plenty of hot water and a good shower and well located to the roman ruins. The reception staff did try hard and were friendly. There is a lovely cafe across the road for breakfast which is much cheaper than the hotel. We ate at an Italian restaurant up towards the ruins and had the best Italian meal we've ever had in Europe (including Italy) served to us by the most disinterested and rude staff we've ever met! To be honest, I'd give Merida a miss unless you are obsessed with roman ruins and I'd certainly give this hotel a miss.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2015

This hotel gets 3 stars.
1 * The hotel's location, absolutely the best!
1 * The very nice and helpful reception staff.
1 * Cleaning and cleanliness.
Moreover, the room was very small and impersonal.
The beds were some of the worst I have been in, even worse than in the Klong hotel in Beijing.
The location is the big plus for this hotel

Date of stay: September 2015