All reviews plaza mayor the main square superior room old city car park glass door breakfast room fantastic location tapas modernised hotel bars and restaurants great room unesco world heritage discounted price side street saturday night top floor
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This hotel is situated at the main square of Caceres so there are many restaurants and tourist services in the area. It's quite a long way from the bus station but so are most hotels.

My room was quite big and clean. There was only a small window facing a small backyard but I preferred it that way because it was quiet. I stayed in Caceres when temperature was almost 30 degrees, and the room felt almost like a cool oasis. The bed was comfortable but it moved a bit too easily. The bathroom was renovated and the glass door was a bit strange choice.

After seeing some reviews I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast. It was not included and cost over 10 euros. I guess I'd have rather chosen to take breakfast in one of the nearby cafes. for less than half the price. In any case, it was not bad.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
HelgaG121, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Casa Don Fernando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Maril,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your last stay in Cáceres and by your fantastic rating. We are pleased that you has been so positive and that you appreciate our location right in the center.
We hope to welcome you soon and remain at your disposal for anything you may need. A warm greeting
Customer Service Department

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I was really unhappy with my room which was incredibly small. I even couldn’t open the window and the luggage didn’t fit anywhere except in the bathroom.
As a single traveller You pay always a lot more than a couple and if You get such a bad room ...... that‘s not right.
I was also unlucky with the service ......the staff at breakfast room was unfriendly and the receptionist were not at all helpful.
The location of the hotel was great!

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Susann B
SohoHoteles, Community Manager Soho Boutique Hoteles at Hotel Casa Don Fernando, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Susann B,

Thank you for the time you took in writing your impressions about our hotel on Tripadvisor after your recent visit.

First of all, we are sorry if your experience with us was not as pleasant as we wish. Please accept our apologies. Be sure that your comments will help us to keep improving our service. For that reason, we write down your opinion about the room and staff to analyze some solutions, for ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome back in your next trip to Cáceres in order to provide the best of our service to make your stay more comfortable.

Kind Regards Susann B.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the best I have ever been to.
It has more of a “homely” feel to it rather than a hotel and I guess that is what I loved about it the most. I spent 9 beautiful nights here

The staff:
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
They gave me good tips about the area and always greeted me with a smile

Location:
This was amazing! It doesn’t get any better than this. Overlooking the beautiful Plaza Mayor . Surrounded by a lot of restaurants, cafes, shops, gift shops, clothes shops and in very close proximity to all the important historic sites . Not to mention the beautiful park nearby (Paseo de Cánovas) .

Wifi:
Luckily I was in a room that had amazing WiFi I was able to watch Netflix shows at night which really helped me to unwind

Breakfast:
The yummiest breakfast I had in Spain was at this hotel. The staff at breakfast were lovely, especially Judith! She knew exactly what I wanted for breakfast every morning and made me lovely scrambled eggs! Always had a smile on her face and made everyone feel welcome. I really enjoyed the food it was delicious! I have never really been a breakfast-person but now I am

There is also room service. There isn’t much to choose from the menu. Nevertheless, the food was tasty

The room:
Initially, I was given a room that had a few steps leading to it. I explained about my joints’ issues and the hotel swiftly switched me to another room that had step-free access. They were very caring. The room itself had a beautiful balcony, which opened to the side of the hotel. However, I still had a beautiful view of the Plaza Mayor. The bathroom was very spacious!!!!

The cleaning staff:
They kept my room extremely clean they were lovely, always smiling and friendly

Ironing:
I was provided with an iron and ironing table upon request. I asked for it when I needed it. Unfortunately you can’t keep them in the room but that was fine as I only needed them a few times during my stay. The staff were always kind enough to bring them swiftly to my room

The price:
I stayed during the WOMAD festival period and also during a weekend so that may have contributed to the price being a little bit high. Additionally I only booked it 2 weeks in advance! Make sure to book early in order to get a good deal

Overall, I had an amazing experience! I will definitely be returning to this hotel the next time I visit Cáceres!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear SALLY B,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your detailed experience about your last stay in Soho Boutique Casa Don Fernando.

It has been a great pleasure for us to have you here. We are proud to know that we were ablle to make your stay enjoyable and taht our hospitality reached your expectations. Also, we are really happy to read that the location, wifi, room and cleanliness were of your total satisfaction.

Be sure, that we will share your comments with all our staff, specially Judith.

Will be a pleasure for Soho Boutique Hotels team to welcome back in your next trip to Cáceres.

Kind Regards Sally B.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

The location is excellent, opposite the entrance to the walled city and surrounded by restaurants. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable with a modern bathroom. Off the Plaza Mayor there are small lanes full of shops, bars and restaurants with plenty of options to buy your Iberico ham and local cheese. There is no access for private cars so parking needs to be sorted first, there is a public multi storey within a 5 min walk with the cost reduced for hotel guests. We parked at 11.00 am and left at 2.00pm next day, we paid 10 euro at the hotel and 2.50 at the car park, pretty fair to me. Park up take on overnight bag to save lugging cases to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a view of Plaza Mayor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
SohoHoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Casa Don Fernando, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Azer85,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your positive feedback about Soho Boutique Casa Don Fernanado. It is a great pleasure to know the location, room and car park were of your total satisfaciton during your stay with us.

Will be a pleasure for Soho Boutique Hotels team to welcome you in the near future.

Kind Regards

-Community Manager Soho Boutique Hotels

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We spent one night in the hotel during our short winter vacation in Spain. Hotel is well located in historical center and parking Obispo Galarza is about 5 mins walk from the hotel (if you do not get lost in narrow aisles). You can pay parking fee in the hotel and get a discount. The hotel itself seems to be newly furnished , all the staff are friendly nad helpful, wifi and breakfast are OK, but the best thing is that when you cross Plaza Mayor you find yourself in the medieval town. My only issue was this stupid glass door on the bathroom, nowadays so often seen in hotels that have the word “boutique“ in their names.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
SohoHoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Casa Don Fernando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Jeronzm:

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about Hotel Soho Boutique Casa Don Fernando and valuing us with this fantastic score. We are glad to know the location, car pak, staff and brekfast were of your total satisfaction. Will be a pleasure to welcoming you in your next visit. Kind Regards Jeronzm.