Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
StayForLong
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2019

As I always want to say something positive on my reviews, I'd start this review stating that location of Scandic City is excellent as it's right in the middle of everything but still the rooms are fairly quiet. Also, some of the staff members were pleasant. Other than that everything else in this property was bad or worse. The rooms are like straight from a ghetto, I really felt uncomfortable walking with bare feet on the dirty floor. The bathroom was dated with too small shower curtain and every detail was just crying to be demolished and rebuilt. As there is no A/C, the room felt like oven. The small table fan didn't do much. All public spaces were tired and worn, and the restaurant in which the breakfast was served, reeked 1980's so badly that it was almost surreal. The breakfast was uninspiring and it seemed that there was zero effort to show anything of the rich Carelian culinary heritage, which in a way I can sort of understand in a chain hotel. To add insult to injury, there is only limited amount of free parking space on the roof, and we didn't get any so we had to pay for our parking. I almost feel sorry for the hotel staff that they need to work with a product this bad. My advise is to stay away from here and invest few euros more for a nicer hotel. There is a reason why this Scandic is so much cheaper than the other major chain hotels in the city!

Room tip: Stay away and invest a bit more for a better hotel!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jpvhel
Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

A tired hotel in need of renovation. Stayed one night but had little to no sleep. There is no A/C in the room and you can only open a small narrow window. Outside was a huge compressor starting every now and then so you can forget anything about sleep.
Staff is very friendly and lobby looks promising but the room looked very tired.
Bathroom was just in ok shape but quite grubby. Why have a filthy filthy bottle opener on the wall.
Having stayed both at Sokos and Patria I will definitely not choose this hotel next time in Lappeenranta. No sleep from noise and heat is a disqualifier.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in July 2019. I read the prior reviews about the hotel being in need of renovation... and I agree with those reviews. But I booked the one night anyway. It was the right price and knowing ahead of time what to expect, I was ok with that. The bed was comfortable, my room was clean, and the wifi worked just fine. My room had a flat screen tv. The shower was forceful and hot.
I slept well and awoke to an excellent breakfast. The breakfast was tasty and had many choices. The staff were extremely friendly.

We walked from the rail / bus station. It was uphill, about 1-2km it seemed.

Overall it was good sleep and good value. I would stay here again under similar circumstances. But if you are looking for a shiny fancy hotel with all the latest gadgets, this may not be your place.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

Me and my wife stopped at this hotel before and after an interesting Saimaa canal cruise to Viipuri and back. Breakfast was tasty and with lots of choices, room was clean and spacious, sleeping qualty was good, beds were comfortable. Excellent was sauna and swimming pool after trip from Tallinn to Helsinki and from Helsinki to Lappeenranta with our tourist group.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vahur2014
Reviewed 11 June 2019 via mobile

Perfect location, friendly staff, but need a lot of renovation & quickly!
No AC, so it was very hot in the room.
Parking was free and easy to acces.
New beds was a big plus, but shower was leaking, tales loose, toilet very old and kept odd voices during the night, rooflamp was blinking even when turned off, breakfast was semi okay. No second time for me but for budget traveller okay i guess, cause it’s more like a hostel standard.

Date of stay: June 2019