US$147
US$143
US$78
Egtved B&B(Egtved)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstandard roomquick checkfamily hotelplenty of parkingstayed here for one nightlong driveshort staythe room was nicecomfortable bedsvisit legolandvery nice hotelfree parkinggreat breakfastplayroomhighwayreceptiondenmark
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Positives:
+Very nice reception and restaurant
+Good value food, very good burger!
+Clean, nicely decorated and renovated, rooms

Negatives:
-Location is off, but fairly convenient for Legoland (20 min)
-Rooms are on the small side and bathrooms ar just ok

Got a very good season deal at 590 SEK incl. bf, which is one of the best hotel deals I have done in a long time.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Hi Fredrik_V

Thank you very much for your review here at TripAdvisor, I really appreciate that you have taken your time to comment on your stay here at Scandic Kolding.
First I would like to thank you for your positive comments on the reception, the restaurant and the rooms in general. I have forwarded this to the involved departments.
Scandic Kolding is working for a solution for renovation of the bathrooms. At Scandic Kolding we have 66 superior rooms. These rooms are larger with air-condition and floor heating in the bathroom. If you come back for Scandic Kolding, the reception will be more than happy to help you with an other room type.

I hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed 7 September 2014

We arrived late after a really long drive from Sweden. We found a lovely welcome, the kids all got little welcome gifts and a smile from the lady on the desk. Our room was immaculate with really comfy beds, and for a change the room wasn't too hot. Breakfast was a feast and even though my son threw up there was still a smile on everyones faces!!! The staff were all excellent. Downstairs there is a great playroom with something for little ones right up to teenagers and don't forget the sauna as well. I can't fault it. I will be happy to return and stay for a few days next time. An example of how a hotel should be run. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Hershon,

Thank you very much for this lovely review.
Here at Scandic Kolding we train our staff in guest service and I am very glad to read that you have meet with smiles from every department, this makes me very proud to read. I have copied this TripAdvisor review into our monthly staff newsletter.
Thank you ones again for the time you have taken, we are looking forward to welcome you and your family back to our hotel.

Best regard,

Maria Forsdberg/ Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2014

As a post-Legoland stay, the Scandic was ideal. Parking was easy, the reception and bar/restaurant staff were welcoming and lovely; and our son enjoyed the playroom and welcome gift.

We ate an early dinner in the hotel (winding down from two full-on days in Legoland), and really enjoyed it. It certainly didn't feel like a stay in a UK chain hotel would. Breakfast was good too.

True, the Scandic isn't in an ideal location for the city centre - but if you're travelling by car, then it's definitely worthy of consideration.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a small play area
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Hi Sampsodine,

At Scandic Kolding, we have a lot of guest visiting LEGOLAND during summertime. I am glad to read that you family choose to eat on our restaurant after a long day outside.
It’s correct that we are located 6 km from the city center, but I hope you had time to visit the local mall with 200 shops, just 2 km from our hotel.

I hope we can welcome you and your family back to Scandic Kolding or to one of the other hotels in the chain.

Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

Rooms are a decent size for Scandinavian standards. The building a little old, but can't really tell inside. There is a bar and dinner menu is decent. Breakfast is great.would stay here again. Only negative is location. It is not near downtown Kolding like a few other of the hotel options.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Hi arbf_travelers,

Thank you for the recommendation, I hope to welcome you back an other time.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed for a few days at this Scandic in July on business and on the whole I was pleased with my stay. Service was excellent and the hotel generally is a nice modern one catering more for families rather than businesses. Food/drink was good and surprising value for Denmark as well.

Only downside is the rooms, particularly the bathroom was basic at best. Not the best beds but not bad by any stretch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Getherurban_Traveller,

I have read your comment, and during the month of July, we have a small a la carte menu, because we have a large summer buffet. Mostly because of the a large number of families visiting the hotel. The rest of the year the menu card is more for business people.
Thank you for the nice comment about the staff and the service, we are working hard to keep this
level.

One again thank you for the time you have taken to write this review.