“Good food in remote spot”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Trespassy Motel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Trepassey
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 11 August 2014

There are not many restaurants to choose from in Trepassey, but this one hit the spot . The person serving us was also the owner. She was very accommodating and typical Newfoundland friendly. The food was excellent. The chowder in particular was wonderful .

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The drive around the Irish loop is spectacular and varied with the lush Salmonier river, the stark barrens, the cosy coves, great beaches, the magnificent sea coasts and wonderful look offs. The drive will take the better half of a sunny day. restaurants are are hard to find the farther you venture out of St. John's down the "southern shore" (it is actually an eastern shore until you get near to Trepassy where it turns presenting a true" Southern shore"). The motel and restaurant mark the halfway point and you should be good and hungry by the time you get there. As we were doing the loop the other way around i.e. salmonier line to stop at the nature reserve which is a great attraction and then decided to do the loop, we were famished by the time we got there. There was just no way we were going to wait until we got to witless bay or bay bulls to eat.

Thus it was that we arrived very hungry and relieved to find a place to sit down look out sea and order up our cod dinners. Our waitress was very pleasant and wanted to know all about where we were from.The service was not fast, the menu reflected local taste, the food was good and very appreciated when it arrived, the dessert pie with ice cream the same. We talked to a couple who were staying there and they loved the local experience, local comfort and color.

It is to be appreciated at leisure not to be taken in a rush.

1  Thank tom h
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Well where do I begin, lets see, we were at the restaurant on July 24th and it was not busy at all, sat down and the waitress came over and took our drink order, then when she came back I asked her how big was the turkey dinner meal was, she was kinda of snotty with me and didn't really give me an answer so I said I'd have that and so did my friend, when she walked away I made a remark to my friend that she was snotty and she agreed with me. She was serving the other tables as well but bringing one order out at a time, which I thought was kinda of weird, anyways it took awhile to get our food and when she brought it to us just put it down and walked away, didn't ask if we wanted anything else so we started to eat our dinner and I must say it wasn't very good but I was hungry so I just kept eating, she never came back to see if we needed anything or a refill for our coffee or nothing, I wanted more gravy so I called to her twice saying excuse me, and she just kept walking away so my friend said Hello a little louder than I did and she turned around and came to our table and said " Whoa" I couldn't believe my ears, so she started fighting with my friend and my friend just explained that we wanted more gravy and she started saying that she was so busy serving the other people so I guess we didn't matter, anyways this went on for a bit back and forth and then she turned and walked away and very loudly said "Whatever", went to the kitchen and never came back, another lady came and brought us our gravy and asked if there was a problem, we asked to speak to a manager and she hemmed and hawed and then said he wasn't there, we told her what happened and she said she was sorry and then left at this point, do restaurants not take any actions to rectify the problem, not this one they still charged us for the meal and my friend paid it, I went the washroom and when I came back she had paid, I wouldn't have and that lady should have said the meal is on us and that we are very sorry for her actions and it will never happen again. The people that were in the place just sat and stared at us and I think they were in disbelief that the waitress spoke to us that way, when I went outside there were two guys getting on the motorcycles and I said "How do you like the Newfoundland people now" they laughed and said they couldn't believe she said that to us, so if you think I should recommend this restaurant to other people you better fire her and get wait staff that know how to treat the patrons with respect and dignity, and don't use the excuse they were doing the cooking and waiting the tables, get people that can handle it then, so NO I would never recommend this place to anyone after that and I know my friend and her husband have eaten there a few times and she said this place has great food, good prices so that's why we came there, but never, ever again will I or her step foot in this place again, so I hope you people reading the reviews take heed of what I'm saying, word of mouth goes very far and when your business is hurting remember the day the waitress decided to be a snot and talk to the patrons like they were a piece of dirt.

1  Thank Cindaboo
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Really good home cooking. No elaborate sauces or pretentious presentations. Just good fresh food which is well cooked. Prices are rerasonable and the view is great.

Been to Trespassy Motel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!