Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
US$133
US$124
US$104
US$97
River City Casino & Hotel(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$104
US$100
US$103
1,444 results
All reviewscookies and milksympathy cardcookie hourpool toysevening cookiesthe cookie ladygreat hotelking suiteclean hoteleasy accessst louispool and hot tubwould highly recommend this hoteloatmealgrandmainnscleanliness
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was such a great hotel, the staff was amazing all the way down to the pool guy. They went above and beyond every time for us no matter what we needed even when we did not ask. The rooms where great and I would say this has been one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at.
MAJ
California

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you for such a kind review. We were happy to have your family stay with us through the New Year. We take pride in making everyone feel as if they were at home and hope you are able to come visit us from California sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I chose this hotel because it was a great deal with my Hilton HHonors points, but it turned out to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. It will be my first choice in St. Louis from now on, and the Hilton corporate family should send all their employees here to learn how to run a great hotel.

The facility here is new and modern, but the real standout is the staff. They clearly approach their jobs like professionals, taking pride in making travel as pleasant as possible for their guests and being creative about ways to impress.

We checked in on Christmas Eve (we were in town to visit family) and the staff had put a small desktop Christmas tree in our room. On Christmas morning (after asking me if it was OK), they invited my 3 year-old to choose a wrapped gift from under the lobby tree -- a stuffed bear. Small gestures, perhaps, but really moving to a parent feeling a little guilty about dragging his child through airports and hotels on Christmas. Staff got to know us in ways that I have only previously experienced at five-star establishments.

Free breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare, but again, the staff made the difference with their professional attitude, offering to change lobby TVs to channels we liked, keeping everything stocked and serving areas sparkling clean. It snowed while we were there, and one of the office staff workers cleared the sidewalks as soon as flakes would land.

The rooms reflect a new approach, and incorporate wonderful details that seem obvious but aren't present at most hotels. There were plenty of outlets, lights were easy to control, and there was a great up-directed LED light over the window that was perfect for leaving on through the night to prevent midnight stumbles. Our standard room included a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee machine in addition to a large flat-screen TV. Overall, the room conveyed an aesthetic sensitivity rare in hotels.

The location looks far from St. Louis attractions on a map, but the hotel is extremely convenient to I-55 and I-255/270, so getting anywhere is an easy proposition.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the front of the hotel (suburban view) and odd-numbered rooms face the back (woods).
2  Thank mtppilot
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This was the best Hampton hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot of them over the years. The front desk staff was extremely nice and very helpful. They provided a treasure chest of small toys for my kids to choose from upon arrival. They provided pool toys. Cookies and milk just before bed. Great breakfast choices and again the staff was more than friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. It was very clean and quiet. Thank you for a great stay!

2  Thank 10ecvol
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel for business-front desk staff was excellent. Room was extraordinarily clean, comfortable and quiet-everything a business traveler would ask for.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank taxspeaker
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I live just down the street from this hotel – literally no more than one mile. Our house is old and the air conditioning does not properly cool the upstairs rooms. One night, around 9pm, I could not take the heat any longer and packed a bag and left to find a room to just stay for the night. What I got was an unexpected mini vacation for one night!

The woman at the check-in counter was wonderful and so friendly! She explained the hotel amenities, asked me which floor I wanted, and even offered me a free cookie before bed. Then, she welcomed me to Saint Louis. So cute! I explained my horrible air conditioning story, and I think she made note of it in the computer…which I will explain later. Perfect check-in and that woman deserves a raise.

My room was on the special access fourth floor and it was gorgeous! The entire place is clean and so new. Beautiful flat screen TV with every channel you could want – even the local ones that someone from in-town would need. The bed was huge and so comfortable. Even the bathroom was exquisite. I actually started laughing when I saw it all because I could not believe how lovely and first class it was (yes, I know I am a bit of a idiot). The best thing…it had a fully functioning thermostat and I could set the temperature at whatever I wanted!! I was able to turn it down to a low temp and snuggle under the covers and had the best night sleep since I can not remember when! Pure bliss!! I know several have mentioned trouble with the thermostat and rooms temps in their reviews, but I did not experience that at all. It was fabulous!

I checked out the next morning to head to work wishing I could just take a sick day and stay in that wonderful hotel a bit longer. As I was walking to my car, the man from the front desk ran out and stopped me. He said that if I needed a new air conditioner, that his family was in the business. He gave me the name of the company and explained a bit about what they do. I was amazed – so thoughtful! They cared enough to make note of my reason for staying and even checked up on me on the way out. Excellent customer service!

In summary, I just needed to find a place to stay for one night to escape an antiquated air conditioner, but I ended up being treated to a mini one-night vacation! Lovely rooms, nice staff, excellent customer service…like an unexpected spa getaway just down the road. I know exactly where I will escape to again!

Room Tip: If they are available, request a room on the fourth floor. You can only access those rooms with your key card if you have a room on that level. They were nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo