New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mehlville
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Very highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

There's not a great deal we can add to all the other glowing reviews, except to say this is the best motel I've ever stayed in. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The fourth floor "keycard" area had almost a secluded feel to it, was very quiet and free from rampaging children and their oblivious parents.

The lobby had not one but two web-connected computers with printers in the small "business center", although there is abundant wi-fi and wired hookups as well. And the included breakfast was among the best we've ever found, with different selections each day.

Being just off I-55, it's convenient to anything in south St. Louis city or county. It's a bit less convenient to other parts of the area, but if you don't mind a little extra driving you can get anywhere in the metro pretty quickly, including downtown and west St. Louis county.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor if you're solo, a couple or on business.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank im_only_sleeping
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
We are very appreciative of your wonderful review and glad you were able to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Hesperia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was such a great hotel, the staff was amazing all the way down to the pool guy. They went above and beyond every time for us no matter what we needed even when we did not ask. The rooms where great and I would say this has been one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at.
MAJ
California

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a kind review. We were happy to have your family stay with us through the New Year. We take pride in making everyone feel as if they were at home and hope you are able to come visit us from California sometime in the near future.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I chose this hotel because it was a great deal with my Hilton HHonors points, but it turned out to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. It will be my first choice in St. Louis from now on, and the Hilton corporate family should send all their employees here to learn how to run a great hotel.

The facility here is new and modern, but the real standout is the staff. They clearly approach their jobs like professionals, taking pride in making travel as pleasant as possible for their guests and being creative about ways to impress.

We checked in on Christmas Eve (we were in town to visit family) and the staff had put a small desktop Christmas tree in our room. On Christmas morning (after asking me if it was OK), they invited my 3 year-old to choose a wrapped gift from under the lobby tree -- a stuffed bear. Small gestures, perhaps, but really moving to a parent feeling a little guilty about dragging his child through airports and hotels on Christmas. Staff got to know us in ways that I have only previously experienced at five-star establishments.

Free breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare, but again, the staff made the difference with their professional attitude, offering to change lobby TVs to channels we liked, keeping everything stocked and serving areas sparkling clean. It snowed while we were there, and one of the office staff workers cleared the sidewalks as soon as flakes would land.

The rooms reflect a new approach, and incorporate wonderful details that seem obvious but aren't present at most hotels. There were plenty of outlets, lights were easy to control, and there was a great up-directed LED light over the window that was perfect for leaving on through the night to prevent midnight stumbles. Our standard room included a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee machine in addition to a large flat-screen TV. Overall, the room conveyed an aesthetic sensitivity rare in hotels.

The location looks far from St. Louis attractions on a map, but the hotel is extremely convenient to I-55 and I-255/270, so getting anywhere is an easy proposition.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the front of the hotel (suburban view) and odd-numbered rooms face the back...
2 Thank mtppilot
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

This was the best Hampton hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot of them over the years. The front desk staff was extremely nice and very helpful. They provided a treasure chest of small toys for my kids to choose from upon arrival. They provided pool toys. Cookies and milk just before bed. Great breakfast choices and again the staff was more than friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. It was very clean and quiet. Thank you for a great stay!

2 Thank 10ecvol
Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel for business-front desk staff was excellent. Room was extraordinarily clean, comfortable and quiet-everything a business traveler would ask for.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank taxspeaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Downtown
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!