All reviews miltons restaurant powder room wedding venue afternoon tea wedding breakfast wedding reception jacuzzi bath wonderful wedding country house beautiful venue lovely grounds lovely room the main house birthday party the ground floor function room wedding guests
Reviewed 19 January 2016

I celebrated a milestone birthday here on 16th January. From the moment I consulted Emma, Events Organiser, last October, to the actual evening, it was a pleasure to deal with her and she guided me through how the evening would 'evolve' and her experience helped me enormously.
Other members of the team deserve a mention, particularly Lukas, Magdalena, Tony and Ross, who, on the night, were on hand at every stage to oversee everything.
The welcome drinks in the Garden Room, the superb 3-course dinner and the disco afterwards, were all wonderful and my friends and family thoroughly enjoyed themselves, as did I!
Don't hesitate to entrust your event to Cantley House Hotel. They are a superb, professional team who will make sure that everything goes smoothly. I had a night to remember and I am still smiling when I think about the 16th January!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally Q
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We arrived in mil tons restaurant and was greeted by a young lady called Magdalena who was amazing her customer service skills were second to none and she made a real fuss of us , and made our evening even more enjoyable , we will be back .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

I've stayed a few times on business over the past few years and I like the fact they are an independent - but.....

On this stay I was initially put in a suite style room (45) - I arrived at 6ish. The room was stone cold with no heating on; cold enough to think it hadn't been occupied for a few days. The radiators refused to respond to my efforts to come on. On calling reception I was offered the solution that she would turn the heating on! Gee, spoil me!

Whilst the radiators came on and I left it an hour or so, it was clear that it was going to take hours to achieve anything like an ambient temperature.

I called reception and asked for a room move; this was sorted out. I did suggest if they want to rent a room (in winter time particularly) they need to ensure its ready for occupation from checkin.

Got to say that both rooms where a bit knocked about with numerous carpet stains and both rooms had furniture that had that unpleasant grubby sheen. I can get better quality sound from my iPhone than you get from the TV. Maybe there's a refurb' in the offing? The two rooms I saw need it.

Had dinner in the new Vault bar and breakfast in the restaurant - food was fine, service very good but both also were unpleasantly cold. Surely it's a basic offering to provide a warm environment?

The room rate at £120 Inc brekky is hardly a rip off, but, there are alternatives in the area and I'd hope that the rooms are going to get some TLC soon, before I start thinking of looking elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Thomas_CHH, General Manager at Cantley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear ITTS,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I'm sorry that the heating in room 45 was not working well. We had a temporary issue there. This has been fixed shortly after and I can assure you that we no longer have a problem there. Indeed, we have a refurbishment program in place and we have redecorated most of our rooms. The Vault is a newly designed bar only recently opened , which we are expanding this week.
Thank you for your positive comments about the our food and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
With kindest regards,
Thomas

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

This delightful property blends traditional Victorian charm with modern cuisine and high service standards.
Privately owned and with meticulous attention to detail.
There is the charmingly refurbished 'Milton's Restaurant' and high quality Bedrooms with Garden views, but the real plus to this Hotel is its flexibility of the available function facilities for any kind of social or business occasion. From small private dining to weddings and more !
Certainly worth a second look !!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed just for one night on NYE and found the hotel ok down following what looks like a service entrance.

Interiors were fine, embracing the shabby chic look of mismatched furniture throughout the hotel and in our suite.

We chose to get a suite as it was NYE and it featured a jetted bath in the room, which was a lovely, welcome addition. Surprisingly, no WIFI in this area of the hotel which was annoying.

We were treated to fireworks at midnight which was great; breakfast was included but we didn't go so cannot comment.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple