Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
US$60
US$59
Trip.com
US$56
Expedia.comUS$59
Hotels.comUS$59
PricelineUS$59
All reviews leisure facilities ordered room service safe distance leisure club bus station couple of weeks fantastic stay town centre reception desk comfortable beds pleasant experience tea coffee one night stay excellent hotel would stay again excellent value for money wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2022

Came over to St. helens for a long day of tattooing, decided to grab a cheap hotel. The price was excellent, lovely staff and reception was clean.

My room unfortunately had no hot water, for that reason I give 3 stars. Bed was comfy, clean sheets and tea/coffee provided.

Great budget hotel if you’re looking for a quick stay, location is fair.

Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager St Helens Hotel, General Manager at Mercure St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a survey following your recent stay with us.

We all take great pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service, therefore I am very sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and we hope to have the opportunity of warmly welcome you again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on hb4z1-gm@accor.com

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 April 2022

Stayed here with my family whilst attending for a funeral.

My daughters that travelled with me completed their check in form.

I filled in all the check in form details and as requested filled in the check in form with my vehicle registration number.

I was not asked nor were my daughters asked, to fill in any car registration details on a laptop or tablet at the reception desk.

I have since obtained a £100 fine from Civil Enforcement who have parking CCTV at the hotel. When I rang the hotel, they said 'nothing to do with us'.

During our one night stay my daughters had a water leak in their room, and their dresses that they were wearing for the funeral became wet.

When my daughter complained at reception (and she is making a formal complaint for property damage), a 'hotel person' at the desk, said 'that it would be OK as it's probably only air conditioning water'.

The carpet in my daughters room was absolutely full of water, no real apology of any substance, just a 'file a complaint, yes sorry as I said just file a complaint, OK bye'..

I suggest that the chancellor brings bag furlough for people that can't do their jobs very professionally and pays them £1 a week, which in the case of the staff at this hotel is probably 50p too much.

I have appealed with the car park company..

Poor, Poor, Incompetent, Poor..

Room tip: Choose a room in a different hotel, that's the best and most honest advice that I can give...
1  Thank BARRY S
General Manager St Helens Hotel, General Manager at Mercure St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I'm sorry to hear about your parking ticket., as per the phone conversation you will need to follow the appeal process so we can deal with your request.

I personally spoke to your daughter with a full apology and I offered to pay for the dry cleaning. Unfortunately we had a pipe that started leaking which sometimes can't be helped

Reviewed 29 March 2022

Stayed in this very average hotel for 3 nights business in July 2019. Received a parking notice for £170 yesterday. Nearly 2 years after my stay. the debt company had been trying to contact me at my previous address. I have proof of my stay yet management are completely unwilling to help. How can you treat customers like this. makes you wonder about the rest of the services.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Crdodo

As you know I have ben in touch with our parking company and they have confirmed that they have sent you 6 reminder letters which you have chosen to ignore. You said that you have moved house however the letters goes to the registered address for the car, based on the information from the DVLA

Once again my apologies and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 February 2022

We use this hotel every other week to watch the Saints games. Only use as a base but staff are all so friendly and go out of their way. Bed’s are so comfy and only a short walk from train station and totally wicked stadium.
On check in this time, I felt so sorry for Jodie (I am a hotel receptionist myself) and her queue was not going down, but she continued with a smile on her face, and bless her was still going when we got back from the game this time serving our drinks.
We will see you all in a couple of weeks, we would not stay anywhere else now we have discovered you guys.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager St Helens Hotel, General Manager at Mercure St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2022

Dear mrslennon

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure St Helens.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and pretty sure Jodie will be delighted to read your comments.

Reviewed 27 February 2022

Staying here while training and can not say a bad word about this hotel
Came last night and there was a wedding on but did not disturbed my stay came in was served straight away for food which was made just as I asked.
Again tonight came in sat down sen to straight away by same lady with long hair up in a pony and she was so polite and efficient will definitely recommend to our company to use again

Date of stay: February 2022