1,845 results
All reviews mediterranean grill leisure facilities reception staff steam room thorpe park restaurant staff executive room spa treatments gym motorway chessington heathrow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly, they took £90 more from my bank account that they told me they were going to. Which will now be kept in holding until the end of this week.

The service in the restaurant on night one was slow... very very slow. Food and drink prices were extortionate but only to be expected in a hotel with a captive audience.

Night two. The most stressful meal I have ever had out. Anywhere. Ever. We have eaten and stayed in hotels and restaurants across Europe and this was honestly the worst restaurant experience of my life. We ordered our food, which took around 45 minutes to begin to arrive. 3 meals arrived, without sides. By the time we had finished those meals, after around another 15 minutes, the two curries that were ordered arrived. Another 10 minutes and finally the rest of our order, which was cheese and buiscuits, arrived. That’s right folks, over an hour for some slices of cheese and some crackers. The waiting staff were getting stroppy. The grandparents were getting angry and finally, the side order of chips came. The manager did his best but the whole experience was so stressful no-one could wind down.

We had been at a funeral and it was the last thing we all needed. Emotions were high and the grandparents were quite upset that our meal together was utterly ruined.

This was the largest of a series of mistakes across the weekend. The whole thing was a mess. The only plus point was that the rooms were dark, quiet and comfortable. Everything else was a shambles.

This is a bloody Hilton, and, to be honest, an absolute stain on a brand we use and trust on a regular bases. 3 couples in our party are Hilton members.

Oh, last of all, the bar menu prices didn’t match the till prices, as shown in this menu vs receipt picture.

Terrible.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TobiasMonsters
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TobiasMonsters
I am very concerned to read your feedback following your recent stay with us. I can see that you have left the Hotel feeling extremely let down and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. I would be really grateful if you could e mail my PA a suitable number we can contact you on so we can resolve this issue for you. Please can you e mail deborah.richards@hilton.com We look forward to hearing from you.
Warm regards

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This hotel is in a wonderful spot within wonderful grounds. It is handy for Gatwick, Heathrow or M25 etc.

The staff are lovely

Menu for evening meal poor - we go out to eat. It is now called the Mediterranean Restaurant but they do not appear to realize curries do not really come from their! Food is mostly spiced or curried which does not appeal to us.

Room sizes are good, however the hotel has been in dire need of some renovation for a few years now and it is still not being done.

If they updated things and renovated it would be an amazing hotel.

We have stayed several times and will continue to do so

Room Tip: We like the new wing as it tends to be in the quietest spot away from everything
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear greektraveller13

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted overall you had a good stay and I have shared your kind feedback with the team. I am sorry that our menu did not appeal to you, we regularly review our menus and will certainly take your feedback on board.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

King size deluxe room with balcony.
We booked for our 10th wedding anniversary. On arrival the reception staff were efficient and also wished us a happy anniversay.
Our room had a dessert laid out for us with congratulations in chocolate and towels in swan shapes on the bed which was a lovely touch.
The room was fine, the bed was fab, very comfy! The bathroom was functional.The patio had a table & 1 chair?
The staff throughout our stay couldn't have done more to make our stay better. Thank you!
The one let down though was the leisure facilities.. the swimming pool is very small and the changing rooms have only 1 privacy curtain area.
The steam & sauna room are fine as is the jacuzzi.
Unfortunately though at 10am & what seems like a pretty popular time to use the facilities given its an hour before check out the hotel have allowed childrens swimming lessons to take place..thus leaving a tiny amount (less than 2 people wide) roped off for the whole hotel to use, not only is there no space at all..using the jacuzzi and steam room is not an enjoyable experience given nursery rhymes & instructions being shouted out by the teacher! The hotel I feel should at least move this time to between check out and check in time (11-4) to minimise the inconvenience to hotel paying guests. I was not the only one to find this inconvenient, there were a lot of other guests who had come down to use the facilities and find they could not!
I mentioned this at check out and the reception staff apologised and offered us some coffees to take away, which was much appreciated..again the staff are great, I just think managenet need to think of paying hotel guests before hiring out the facilities to outside agencies.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Julia W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us for your anniversary. I am delighted you had a lovely stay and I have shared your wonderful feedback with all of the team.
I appreciate your very constructive feedback regarding the leisure facilities and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

As it stands the Hotel has the potential to be Very good but is nowhere near. Rooms are dated and dirty and nowhere near the standard you associate with the Hilton Brand. The Hotel is in a lovely location and can be so much better. Currently it is stuck in the 70's.

The Staff however are all doing an amazing job, They are friendly and accommodating and genuinely are doing the best they can under testing circumstances. Deep down they are all aware that hotel is below par and that the refurbishment is long overdue. My wife did raise her grievances and the hotel's response was more than satisfactory.

We will revisit once the refurbishment is complete and look forward to an altogether better experience,

I would recommend the hotel to revisit its' pricing structure whilst the refurbishment is in progress. Guests are far more forgiving when the price reflects the product.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bobby_m_sharma
Angela H, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear bobby m Sharma
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. We are at present updating areas of the Hotel to ensure all our guests have a positive experience. I have shared all your lovely feedback with the team and I know you will experience the improvements that our taking place and we will fully restore your faith in the Hilton Cobham.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

The grounds are beautiful and the location convenient. The food in the grill restaurant was also surprising good. The conference facilities were good and the lobby had been modernized. However the rooms and restaurant definitely need an update. It did not look or feel very clean. Many of the chairs were badly stained in the dining area. The bedrooms in particular felt grimy. I had to ask them to vacuum my room as I was sneezing the entire first night from the dust. I was excited to see there was a gym and a pool but the gym area was cramped and when I dropped my phone behind the step machine, I was horrified to see so much dirt behind it. I think it has big potential but needs more attention to the basics. The staff were very helpful and kind and did what they could to accommodate any requests.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear marnipl
Thank you for posting such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. I really do appreciate your very constructive feedback and whilst I am delighted with your wonderful feedback regarding your dining experience and the team I can see other aspects of your stay have left you feeling less than satisfied. . I can see that there are some inconsistencies in the Housekeeping standards you have experienced in the bedrooms, Dining area and Livingwell and I will certainly address that as a matter of urgency. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Warm regards