All reviews sunday carvery lovely venue steak pie makes a huge difference book a deluxe room booked a table bar area pudding plenty of free parking cooked breakfast staff were friendly and helpful family wedding cannot fault one night stay would stay again bar staff
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I wanted a convenient place where a sizeable group of family members could meet up and enjoy a meal as my wife and I were visiting town. Someone suggested the Raven. Without checking up, as I usually do, I agreed and we booked. Big mistake.
First, the positives. It is a large, reasonably comfortable pub with adequate parking and spacious seating areas. Also positive (for us at least) was that even on a weekend evening it was not busy and we were able to spend plenty of time at our table and were not rushed to vacate it for other diners. The bar and table service was perfunctory and impersonal but efficient and, in my experience, quite normal in Corby.
Also positive was the quality of the beer and cider, although the range was quite limited with many pump labels turned around.
Sadly, as far as food is concerned, it failed miserably. The lasagne my wife (and others) ordered was ‘inedible’ in her words, the steak and ale pie I and several others had consisted of lumps of tough stringy beef swimming in a watery vegetable soup topped with a tasteless puff pastry hat. As for the “home made” chips, what a joke. Soft, soggy, greasy and grey. Disgusting.
Every one of us left the majority of our food and just carried on chatting and enjoying our drinks. None of us complained, even to each other; in my case (and probably the same for everyone else) to avoid upsetting or embarrassing the relative that suggested the venue. However, it’s the last time the Raven will see me or my wife through its doors.
To the manager, you really need to get a grip. If your pub is to survive, good food must be a priority and judging by our experience, you have quite a lot of work to do. To serve up to customers food of such poor quality is insulting and ultimately could put you and your staff out of business. Judging by the number of customers on the summer weekend evening we visited, the process may already be under way. A real shame for a large and well-positioned pub.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The Sun was shining,it’s a Sunday and Carvery was on our family’s mind.I had booked a table for 6 of us during the week for the Sunday Carvery as with reading the website it gets quite busy.On arrival at The Raven Hotel,we were greeted and booked in by a lovely young gentleman,told about the Carvery and once we had decided what we wanted just go up to the bar and order.The Carvery came in three sizes sm/med/lg.

All six of us had the medium size,choice of three different meats,Beef,Gammon and Turkey.

The meats all cooked to perfection,you received a Yorkshire pudding and stuffing and put your own vegetables on yourself.
Like carrots,sweet potatoes,roast potatoes,red cabbage,cauliflower/broccoli and cauliflower cheese.

Then at the end you helped yourself to gravy,apple sauce and cranberry sauce and finally mint sauce.
You also collected your knife and fork and napkin there as well.

The whole meal it’s self was very delicious,the meats were cut quite thick and extremely tasty and gravy was delicious.

After we had finished,some of us decided to tackle the pudding menu
Which had quite a nice selection on.
Some had Chocolate Sunday,others had cheesecake,it was really an lovely pleasant afternoon.Thank you all very much and will be returning very soon.x

1  Thank Mando116
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch for the 1st time, party of 4.

Not busy thru the week so served quick at the bar.

Food came out really quick and was all good, halloumi was a bit over cooked.

Chorizo burger was spicy enough!

Wife had a childrens meal which they didnt quibble about.

Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Very chilled pub , food is nice home made not that expensive , need a good cleaner in the pub tho , could use a good up dating like the tables and chairs in the up dining floor, the glass was not clean at all but that’s like most pubs . Have been here A few times 4 food I think food is good

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Raven hotel in February with my partner for a business meeting nearby the following day. Was very impressed how modern and lixurious everything was in our room. Bathroom - very high end finish, stunning. Bed was very comfy too. Friendly and welcoming staff both at dinner and breakfast.
The only downfall - a couple of hiccups with cleanliness, but nothing major.
Thank you.