“Fancied a night out for a meal”
Review of Oakley Hay corby

Oakley Hay corby
Ranked #32 of 112 Restaurants in Corby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had a 40% off the mains voucher so decided to have a meal. We had a starter between us which was very nice. The mains, I had surf and turf with king prawns and my wife had a ribeye.
With drinks, the meal was quite expensive , coming in about £45 with 40% of the mains. If my wife had reviewed it would have been a 3 star as her steak, was poor. I ate half and it was nowhere near as good as my piece which wasn't a quality cut like her ribeye is supposed to be. My King Prawns were deep fried. Big mistake. They were overcooked and greasey. They also, weren't peeled and trying to do that when they have been deep fried wasn't easy Service was good. This would have been a very expensive meal without the discount and had I paid full, I'd have dropped it right down in stars.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had a meal here last Saturday night and it was fantastic, fast service, friendly staff especially our waiter I think his name was either Kyle or Callum, we were extremely impressed by this waiter and would love to give him huge thumbs up, child friendly and considerate and very attentive.

Our food was extremely tasty, wide range of choice and very reasonable priced
I would recommend this restaurant to anybody and if we go to rockingham next year would not hesitate to stay here

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I took my Mum to our local Beefeater on our by-weekly visit. On arrival I asked the manager seating us if we could sit by the window as I'd forgotten my reading glasses. He said that we couldn't as he didn't have a waitress available to serve that area and we were seated in a dim area opposite the pass?? He didn't introduce our server or offer us a drink as the person seating us usually does. We ordered two burgers, one standard and mine was the new asian vegy burger. Our server was Mel who was fabulous, very attentive and engaging. Unfortunately due to the staff shortages our burgers sat on the pass for between 5 and 10 minutes which meant that although they tasted great they were rather cold upon arrival. Throughout this period the manger stood in front of the loaded pass letting the food chill without delivering a single plate! We will continue with our regular visits but hope that they are fully staffed next time.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

The restaurant was packed by noisy human hippos. Freezing cold air-conditioning was blowing directly onto my plate & chilled it rapidly. I asked for it to be turned down but nothing happened, and my meal became inedible.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Visited on bank holiday Monday early evening as a party of 7, very nice atmosphere andour waitress Jamie lee well we couldn't have asked for more , accommodated in every way and my daughter grace even made a song with her name involved. Food was thorougly enjoyable and couldn't fault in any way ...thankyou