Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
US$94
Free cancellation until 28/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$99
US$80
SAVE US$19
Hotels.comUS$94
PricelineUS$94
StayForLongUS$99
All reviews wedding reception evening meal great value for money gym jacuzzi executive refurb venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2021

I have had the misfortune of staying in this hotel before and it is fair to say that it has not improved in the slightest. A new coat of paint here and there does not disguise the real state that the hotel is in and exposed wires in the lift, stains on the ceiling tiles and carpets along with mouldy bedrooms show that the apparent refit is quite bodged.

The service in the hotel is nothing short of appalling with the front desk left unattended for long periods of time and the staff seem to enjoy having a general chin-wag while you wait at reception.

Bar prices are extortionate and the bar staff are rude and unattentive.

There are far nicer places to stay around Corby that are significantly cheaper and I would urge you to check all alternatives first - I would rather sleep in my own car!

Room tip: Try a different hotel
Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Martyn Hewitt, Owner at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

Dear jamesC5274JP,

I am very sorry to read your review. I can see you stayed with us in September 2020 and I have checked back on our online reviews for that period and cannot see any that come close to your comments here. Our score in that month and generally they scored well so I must admit I am surprised but some of the content.

Considering our refurbishment being signed off by IHG and being shortlisted for an award I would argue with its description being 'bodged'.

The comments in relation to service again are different to what we normal receive. That said I will accept that like all business from time to time mistakes are made, when that happens its how we learn and improve which sets us apart.

Our bar prices are reviewed and compared within the area and are fairly priced (when we are allowed to have that aspect of our business open again will look at this as we do periodically through the year).

There are indeed other place to stay around the area, each has their own benefits and as the only hotel in the area that has been completely renovated in the past 4 years, has a pool and a large multi use open lobby I would hope that should your travels bring you back to the area you will forego your car and give us another chance to give you a far fairer impression of our hotel.

Stay safe,

Reviewed 27 November 2020 via mobile

Checked in for business stay during lockdown evening menu unbelievably basic, unhealthy and microwaveable. Ordered a jacket potato with salad and it arrived containing more single use plastic than food. Containers were impossible to eat out of and the plastic cutlery snapped and broke off in my food. Breakfast arrived following morning in cardboard container which was better, except all items within were individually wrapped in plastic. I also got a bacon bap and I’m vegetarian.

Room was nice, bed comfy and nice hot shower but most tv channels didn’t work which was frustrating during lockdown as there is nothing else to do of an evening.

Checked out after 1 night, I was due to stay for 3 nights.

Stayed at other holiday inn 30 min away and their menu was varied, delicious healthier and served in lovely cardboard containers with wooden cutlery.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jackcat83
Martyn Hewitt, Owner at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2020

Dear Jackcat83,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and this caused you to end your stay early and seek an alternative Holiday Inn to stay at. I am pleased to see that other Holiday Inn looked after you as we should have.

We have been of course running a significantly reduced team and menu in lockdown, even more reduced than during the previous tiered system. All our food however is prepared freshly.

Clearly the single use plastic is not ideal and I will be honest this is something we are fazing out and introducing more and more environmentally friendly options. Going further, next week our restaurant reopens and breakfast is available in a more traditional restaurant sense (on 'proper' plates.)

During lockdown we have been adding in either bacon or egg rolls into the to go bag, I am sorry the team did not check your preference, this should have been done on arrival.

I am glad you found the rooms comfortable, with a good shower - we will certainly look at the TV channels, having recently replaced a large number of the TV's this is not a problem we have experienced. But we will look at this.

Clearly we did not deliver for you and I am sorry. I hope you consider using when next travelling in the area.

Keep safe,

Reviewed 28 October 2020

We recent stayed in The Holiday Inn in Corby - Kettering. We had bought a night in package for a birthday present which included massages and full use of facilities etc.

We were told back in August that our massages were at 1.30pm. We then heard nothing else until October 22nd, which was just an email saying we couldn’t check in until 2pm, which was a bit odd as the massages were meant to be at 1.30, so we assumed maybe they had be moved. We got to the hotel around 2.30 as we had a bit of a medication emergency and had to contact an out of hours doctor to get some last minute Epilepsy medication for my partner prescribed in Corby which he needs as we left it at home accidentally and we live 2 hours away.

When we arrived we explained about the medication emergency etc and were told we had missed our treatments. We were a bit confused as the email said not to check in until 2pm, so how could our treatments be before then. We were told our room still wasn’t ready and would have to wait, so we sat in the Lobby for 30 minutes will all our luggage and birthday bits. The lady on the desk said she would speak to the beauty therapist Gemma about rescheduling for us. We eventually got given a room key with no information on how to get dinner or breakfast or anything. So after going to the room when came back down to query the massage treatments. The lady behind the counter said we couldn’t reschedule them as the salon was closed on Mondays and the therapist was busy later. We were told we could rather have the cost of the treatments refunded when we checked out or drinks vouchers. We opted for the refund as we were quite disappointed travelling 2 hours pretty much for nothing, at least then we could maybe book something else somewhere else.

We then came to check out the next day and we were told by a different lady at the desk that they can’t refund the treatments or even give us ‘vouchers’ or money towards food we had purchased. We were very upset as we had been told literally the day before by someone that we could have it refunded or have drinks vouchers, we were then denied both and told we’d have to still pay for the drinks and food on top and have no refund given for the treatments. Not even any offer of a future booking or anything. Absolutely awful awful service, we were essentially lied to by someone at the front desk the day before. So we’ve wasted a tonne of money, and didn’t get any sort of help towards a solution.

Not only this but the room itself wasn’t good, there were flies all over the room and the bathroom smelt AWFUL when it had apparently just been cleaned. Service for food and drinks was very very slow. We understand we couldn’t go to the bar due to COVID and that things might take a bit longer but we were told to take a seat and someone would come and take our order. After 35 minutes no-one had come to us and were just standing around so we had to approach them and ask to place an order. The whole of our floor smelt of weed as some students on a trip were obviously smoking in their room, but yet again nothing was done about this. Overall it was an awful experience and really ruined what should have been a lovely birthday trip that we were looking forward to and booked time off work for.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirstielaurenl
Martyn Hewitt, Owner at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Dear kirstielaurenl,

I can see you have left reviews across numerous sites, again ultimately all of that just comes back to us at the hotel to respond to.

I have looked into the matter with both our Health Club and Salon (these are outsourced from the hotel) and also with the hotel team. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

My front desk team mentioned that upon arrival you mentioned you were late for treatments and had acknowledged that upon arrival. I do appreciate that medical requirements caused this delay but unless we are advised in advance it’s not possible for us to know this. When we have guests arrive after they have missed their treatment windows then they have missed their treatments.

In addition, the booking for the treatments and payment for this were via Red Letter Days, not direct at the hotel – so any refund or credit would need to come from them. We will of course work with them on that of course. The initial receptionist on check in was not aware of this hence the incorrect information being offered (and then being corrected upon departure).

The email you received prior to arrival is a standard one sent out (we would not send multiple emails prior to a stay) and the check in time has always been 2pm. When treatments are booked separate to this we will always try an allow an earlier check in if we can but this is never guaranteed. The arrival time does not effect the bookings of the treatments at all.

Your comments on cleanliness are very concerning and one we will be following up on. Generally since Covid came along we have seen our cleanliness scores deliver an average of over 90% so this is very surprising.

Your comments about the smoking of weed along the corridor are again the 1st we have seen of this, it was not reported by any other guests and is not on all of the reviews you have left. Unfortunately from time to time people do break the rules and as soon as we are made aware we will act on that. I will ensure the bookings for the other rooms on your floor are checked and followed up on to track down the culprits of this (and charge them).

Our service levels have undoubtedly been impacted and like lots of hospitality businesses we are trying to do more with less. I am sorry our team were not as proactive as they usually are in providing table service to you. This again will be followed up on and indeed we have increased our manning slightly as positively business is picking up.

All of this said, it boils down to the fact you did not enjoy your stay. And that is something we never want to happen.

In terms of you obtaining any refund, you would in the 1st instance need to contact Red Letter Days who will then reach out to us. As I have said we will work with them. We will look out for them to contact us.

We would of course like to make it right and get you back for a far better stay. Should you consider travelling to us again then please contact me directly and I will ensure we look after you and have a memorable stay for all the right reasons.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

We booked a spa weekend here for my sisters surprise 40th birthday celebrations. On arrival serena was very welcoming and explained we had been upgraded to executive rooms for free and these rooms were beautiful and we could not fault them. We went down to reception for our afternoon tea and the lovely serena had put a birthday banner up, happy birthday confetti on the table and there was a birthday card for my sister. What a lovely touch. The afternoon tea was amazing and so tasty. The 4 of us then went to use the spa and have our beauty treatments. The free dressing towels were a bonus. The massages we had were done by a lovely young lady who likes to talk but that was good as we do too. The spa itself was lovely and we got to use the pool, jacuzzi and steam room. It was very clean and when 3 of us popped into the jacuzzi together we were quickly told only 2 at a time allowed. We had a 3 course meal at the night time and wow what amazing food and the portions are huge. The ladies working were lovely too (forgot to get their names) We were also given a complimentary bottle of Prosecco too. These little touches made our weekend so much better. We all had a good nights sleep in our very comfy twin beds. The shower was amazing and powerful. The following morning we all had a very tasty fry up.
Holiday Inn Corby we were treated so well and the hotel is extremely clean, safety measures put in place work and the whole experience was amazing and we will recommend you to others and be back again. You really do have an amazing staff and serena is a real credit to your team.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Martyn Hewitt, Owner at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Dear 0911bevc,

Thank you for your review and comments, in what is such a challenging time for us in the hospitality industry and many others feedback like this really is a shining light.

I am very glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, treatments and afternoon tea with us and most importantly felt safe. I will make sure the team all see this feedback and will make a point of personally thanking Sorina for making such a wonderful impression.

On behalf of the team, our thanks for bringing some positivity to our day. We hope to see you back again soon!

Stay safe,

Reviewed 26 August 2020 via mobile

My my partner and two boys visited for a last min Night away before going back to school and it was my birthday we booked a suite dinner and breakfast. We had the Ashley suite it was lovely huge and very clean they had left my a birthday card and the room had a sticker on the door to say it was sanitised.
Serena was lovely helped make sure every detail of our stay was perfect they couldn’t get the sky box to work and they offered us a new room we decided to stay as it was perfect for us.

The food was lovely and kids eat free!
All staff couldn’t help or be more friendly if they tried!
Eileen the waitress at dinner was so helpful and friendly and the food was amazing a lot better than you’d expect at a hotel chain!

We enjoyed the swimming pool and jacuzzi and played bar football and the Nintendo and sega in the evening. If the weather was nice outside and we wasn’t in Corby you would think we were on holiday!

Thankyou for an amazing night away if only we could have stayed longer!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Martyn Hewitt, Owner at Holiday Inn Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Dear Chelsea W,

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback, I have already shared with the team and especially Sorina and Eileen. In these challenging times it is so great to read that the team made such a good impression and that you enjoyed your stay with us getting to make use of the facilities.

Hopefully next time you stay with us it can be longer!

Stay safe.