All reviews an industrial estate car park free breakfast wardrobe door hungry horse pub sofa bed wetherspoons pub the hotel is clean self service business trip would stay again motor speedway rockingham castle walk in shower saturday night excellent value for money evening meal
Reviewed 8 June 2016

I was scanning the net as usual looking to find a suitable stopover which would accept pets and was close to Rutland Water and to the village of Stamford.

The Hampton by Hilton was a hotel brand we have stayed in before at York and we thought it was a great hotel, so when this deal came up with 42% off which meant the 3 of us, (Self, wife and 12yr old daughter) could stay at one of these hotels with our dog for the night including a full English breakfast for £59, I was over the moon.
We packed a bag for the night and off we went.

We arrived around 6.30pm and were all hungry so food was top of our priority list having been in the car for 2 hours to get there.

Within 2 minutes walking distance are a couple of pubs, restaurants and eating places so we checked in, parked the car up and walked across the road to the local pub for a meal. All was good.

We didnt explore much further than what we could see from the hotel but there didn't seem to be much else in the area to do. I'm referring to things like activity centres, town centre shops, other attractions you could visit to pass time on, so we headed back to the room, watched a little TV and off to sleep.

Facilities in the room on the 3rd floor were of a good standard, modern and clean and we had a double bed and our daughter had the pull out double sized sofa bed.

The hotel has a lift servicing all floors and a bar serving drinks in the evening with a 24hr reception.

Our welcome by the staff on reception had been pleasant and all was good until around 2am when we started hearing noisy residents from other rooms as they started coming in late.

My single biggest complaint from the whole visit was the bed.
When you stay in a hotel, all you generally want is a good nights rest but the bed was awful, it was in my opinion the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in.

Me and my wife were tossing and turning with discomfort all night and I finally lost my will to live when yet another rowdy bunch were stood in the corridor having a late night laugh and a joke at 4am.

I picked the phone up to call reception and that didnt work either so in a rage I got out of bed and went to tear the heads off the inconsiderate idiots who were making all this noise at such a ridiculous hour. As I opened the door and started shouting about the time, everyone out there ran into their room and we had some quiet for around 3 minutes until I lay in bed and listened to several loud conversations going on in other rooms around us.

Other than this, the rooms, shower and all other facilities were great.
Not having had much sleep, we stayed in bed until around 9 which made the rush for breakfast a little hectic as breakfast was only served until 10am.

We got down to the restaurant around 9: and it seemed like everyone else had done the same because suddenly everything started to run out and there were queues of people waiting for the staff to re-fill the breakfast items but to be fair, the staff coped well, eventually came out with food, they remained pleasant although you could see they were rushed off their feet and the food was all superb.
Checkout was a really generous 12pm too so didn't have to rush and get out.
Would I stay again, Absolutely but I would probably request a quiet area next time. Not the hotels fault that there were idiots staying there the same time as me.
As much as you wanted, Cereals, fruit, toast, fried etc etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area if you dont want disturbing
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
RHMHammersley, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Dear Rousie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your stay at our hotel.

Firstly please accept my apologies for the noise from other inconsiderate guests, we do several checks through the night of the corridors to ensure that all is quite, however on rare occasions this needs more policing. We will of course ask guests who are persistent in creating noise to leave the hotel. We want to ensure a good night sleep for all of our guests.

I'm surprised by your comment regarding the beds in the room as we have recently replaced most of the mattresses, duvets and pillows to give the best experience, I will review this with my housekeeper to ensure there are no defects in any of the mattresses.

Next time you stay please request a room normally at the end of a corridor as there are less people moving around at the ends of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next staying in Corby.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Myself and our construction team spent 3 nights at the Hampton by Hilton in Corby, reason we chose this hotel was due to location and price and were very impressed with absolutely everything this hotel had to offer just wish there were more of these throughout the UK

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RHMHammersley, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear James B,

Thank you for your Excellent review and 5 stars.

Hampton by Hilton is the fastest growing brand for Hilton hotels with more popping up around the UK. If you join our Hilton Honors programme and download our app it makes it so easy to find hotels close to where you need to be and even allows you to check in online before you arrive.

We hope your work will bring you back to Corby so we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

General Mananger

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Nice hotel with clean rooms and nice staff. It was similiar to premier inns (more expensive though)but with fantastic complimentary breakfast. Nice pubs serving food nearby. Not sure of transport links to town but we enjoyed out stay

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RHMHammersley, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Deaar Teeger9,

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review on your experience at our hotel, I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

There are some bus routes locally but most of our guests do drive or will get taxi's which are very good value with the town only a few miles away.

We look forward to welcoming you when you are next staying in Corby.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Perfect location for anyone visiting Rockingham Speedway. Great staff, very professional. Rooms are adequate, although sheet on pull out bed had seen better days. Breakfast was good, juice very watered down. Evening meal choice very limited. All main meals from frozen and you'll probably know this because you might get yours still frozen! Must stress, staff very good at putting everything right when mentioned.

Dear 403sherryw,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel.

We do have a limited menu of an evening as per the Hampton brand which offers Burgers, Pizza, Salads and Curries however we also have several eateries around us giving our guests plenty of choice of dining options. I can only apologise that there was an issue with the meal you ordered but it's good to hear my team made it right for you.

Thank you for your positive comments about our team who are always on hand to help.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We chose this hotel after reading previous reviews, as my Daughter was in a swimming event near by in Corby. The added bonus was early breakfast at 6 am with a great choice on offer. Would return again. Or room was modern, clean & equipped with all the facilities expected. The staff were professional, welcoming, helpful & friendly,

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Paul C for your 5 star review on your experience at our hotel.

The breakfast is the earliest in the Corby area and gives great choice of items from hot dishes to cold items with lots of healthy fruit too!

We look forward to welcoming you again when your daughter is in another swimming event.