All reviews beefeater next door downshire arms beefeater restaurant attached beefeater meal deal beef eater adjoining restaurant room was clean budget hotel costa coffee what it says on the tin family room lapland uk small hotel great night's sleep visit legoland main road
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our Legoland Windsor visit. It’s only about a 20 minute drive to the park so a good place to stay if you want an early start at Legoland.

The staff were all pleasant here, but I must say this hotel feels more like a Travelodge than a Premier Inn. I can’t put my finger on what it is, but the whole place just feels ‘cheaper’ than a standard Premier Inn.
The bed appeared smaller than in usual Premier Inns. The shower was nice.

Parking is free, and there are plenty of supermarkets nearby for provisions. We opted to go to the nearest Costa for breakfast rather than the Beefeater buffet version on offer.

If you can get this on a good price (£45-£60) then book it! I’m giving it 3 stars as I’ve stayed in plenty of Premier Inns that are far better than this. There’s nothing wrong with this place, but there are better ones out there.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed again at the premier Inn twin bridges. Very warm welcome on arrival. From the very professional and pleasant staff. our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable we had a giant shower and bed. This is a excellent hotel with great staff we will return when visiting family, next time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Friendly helpful receptionists - good-sized room with a large comfortable bed.Plenty of lights around the room making it easy to read if we didn't want to watch TV.
One suggestion - the room would be warmer if Housekeeping didn't leave the window open all day while we were out.
We enjoyed both breakfasts in the next-door Beefeater, with good service. Danni was our pleasant server for the one dinner we ate there, but we felt the prices were on the high side for what we got.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet, overlooking trees & a narrow lane.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Great rooms, great size and nice and clean. Attached restaurant also up to standard, no complaints with either the service or meal size. Roll on breakfast. I’ve never had a bad deal at premier inn, seeing as I don’t pay for it, I would be shouting the odds of hey were rubbish.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Always prefer to book Premier Inn - just knowing that I'll get a decent bed, shower and amenties wherever in the country. This site is very tired, no air-con, some mould, and old bathrooms. However Karen on reception made my 2 nights stay so much better; enthusiastic, happy to help, and always a great smile and chat. I couldn't have stayed in there on a hot day, but the bed was great - and the location is quiet.

The attached Beefeater is OK for the main meal, but portion size to price doesn't result in great value for money. It never seemed overly busy - so probably wouldn't need to reserve a table before arriving.

I would definitely recommend staying away from the breakfast served at the Beefeater as part of the hotel deal. Really low cost ingredients cooked badly, with staff who really can't be bothered. I've never left bacon on a plate before, I mean - it's bacon - who wouldn't eat it, but it was more akin to shoe leather. Poached eggs still had half of the egg white uncooked. If you're getting the breakfast for free on company expenses, fine, there's cheap bread and porridge to get you through. But if you're forking out from your own pocket, then head up the road instead and get something far better and cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that have been refurbished and have air con.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business