“Excellent food in a nice environment”
Review of Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant
Ranked #19 of 332 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$59 - US$177
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Blue Elephant is a tranquil oasis of waterfalls, luscious greenery and tropical flowers. Smiling, friendly staff and the best Royal Thai Cuisine in Malta guarantees a memorable visit. Fresh fruits and herbs and also tons of orchids are flown in weekly direct from Thailand. Blue Elephant Malta offers you the possibility to reserve your own special space in this magnificent restaurant. Here you can surprise your guests in a unique atmosphere in our private huts. Blue Elephant can cater for a variety of occasions such as: Intimate Dining, Private Parties, Wedding Parties, Conference Dinners and many others….From the moment you step in the restaurant, you will be transported to the lands of the East. The waterfall, the landscaping and the seating will certainly carry you far, far away. Savour mouth-watering delicacies prepared from authentic Thai ingredients and forgotten centuries old recipes from the Royal Palace.
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Blue elephant has great food at reasonable prices and I would recommend to anyone who likes the Thai cuisine to try it out.

Myself and my friend went for the banquet and trust me there was enough food for both.

I would definitely visit again

1  Thank milesandphilip
Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Visited Blue Elephant for the first time for a special dinner. Had heard so many great comments and I was dying to visit. Booked online - very convenient indeed. parking is free at Portomaso - great!
So booked dinner at 8pm to enjoy the sunset instead of opting for the usual 9pm. The ambiance/decor is very, very beautiful. I has asked for a nice seated area - we were given a table by the side next to the window overlooking outside, it was ok although expected a better located table.
We opted for a set-menu to avoid the hassle of choosing different dishes. The Bangkok Symphony Menu it was. Food is divine and presentation is impeccable.
I could notice staff rushing around - maybe they were really busy but seemed a bit stressed to us.
Visited the bathroom - I have to say it was a mess, which was a pity, I am very disappointed that to this day and age people are not educated well enough to respect others and leave places nice and tidy! Then again, from such a high level eatery, one would expect staff to monitor constantly the restaurant's bathroom upkeep.
All in all it was an amazing dinner. Blue Elephant is a great restaurant - but maybe with a little push from everybody, this place could be super fantastic.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We came here after one of our party saw it mentioned in our guidebook. I have to admit being a bit terrified when we came here as it was so beautiful and the staff were so well presented that I thought it would be too expensive for us. Thankfully it wasn't like that at all! Mains are around 15 euros with rice being around 5/6.

We all had mocktails that were delicious and very nicely presented. We were all very happy with the food which was very good quality, no room for dessert! The restaurant is in a lovely location with very nice views if you sit outside. I can't fault it at all.

1  Thank miffythevampirebat
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Our meal was solid and the service and decor equally good. But the food wasn't great. If you are only in Malta for a limited time, I would skip. But it's a great change of pace from fish and local cuisine if your stay in Malta is a week or more. Quiet setting outside. Very nice for a relaxing meal. Menu not very kid friendly.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Ate here twice in one week. Everything I ordered was extreemly delicious and the service was great. The restaurant itself is amazing and the outdoor area overlooks the fantastic portomoso marina. Cant wait to go again and order something else. Couldnt finish off all my food so asked to take out and food was very well packed and made a delicious lunch the next day. My current favourite place and it will be hard to beat.

3  Thank pingwinu