Alexandra Hotel Malta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Valentina(Saint Julian's)
View Hotel
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Pool
Sun And Fun Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
Hilton Malta(Saint Julian's)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,054 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbig balconycleaned every dayfresh towelsbars and restaurantsspinola baypacevillejulianstwinvalletta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Paid £75 for 4 night stay

Cheap,economic, didn't expect much....just a clean room and bed. I got those...but no sleep!

When you enter reception you'll notice strong smell of cigarettes!

You'll be awakend all night by drunk party goers over weekend, but the biggest disturbance was builders sight that started drilling at 07:30am through to 4pm. ;-( a big let down

I didn't mud the builder sight view as wasn't planning to stay in all my stay

Hotel is NOT Authentic Maltese and is runned by Sicilian management. Meaning a lot if noisy groups arriving from Italy that stay up late till 03:30 am.

If your young and out for partying its an excellent hotel but you'll be woken up early at 07:30.if your young elderly a family or disabled...highly inappropriate! It'd a let did an to the beautiful island of Malta.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
JulianneSt_Julains, Manager at Alexandra Hotel Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear T R

Whilst I thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Malta, I would like to clear the following points:-

1. Smoking is allowed only outside the hotel premises which makes it easy for the smell to come in when the door is open.
2. We are in agreement with the builders of the opposite building that works should not start before 08.00 a.m.
3. Hotel is Authentic Maltese and has been run and managed by a Maltese family since 1987. We have Italian employees since the majority of our guests are Italians.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I booked this hotel for a visit with my parents (in their 60s) for 6 nights over New Year.

The biggest issue for me was the incessant noise from the building site directly across the road from my room. I had to keep my curtains closed most of the day as the builders could see straight in. They began work at 7am every day apart from New Year's Day (despite local legislation saying no noise before 8am), and the hotel staff refused to tackle them about it. I was offered another room, but the noise could still be heard.

In this day and age there are certain things that are standard in hotels, so it was disappointing to note the following:

- no kettle or tea/coffee in the room (we had to pay a 20 Euro deposit to borrow a kettle)
- no water provided in the room (what kind of hotel doesn't give a complimentary bottle of water when you can't drink water from the tap?)
- every time I needed to dry my hair, I had to go down to reception and leave a 20 Euro deposit to borrow a hairdryer
- you can ask the hotel to book a taxi for you, but you have to be paid for in cash, in advance - you can't add anything to your bill
- no towels were provided for the swimming pool. There didn't seem to be any changing rooms there either.
- you need to leave a 10 Euro deposit for your room key card when you arrive.

Breakfast was extremely poor. The staff don't reset the places when tables are vacated; they're barely 'cleaned'. Food quality was disappointing: stale croissants and luke-warm food. The restaurant is a big place, yet all the breakfast things are huddled in one corner, meaning that everyone was pushing and shoving to get what they wanted.

The staff were as helpful as they could be (within the rules and regulations of the hotel), and even apologetic when they took my 20 Euros to borrow a hairdryer for 5 minutes...

Come on, Alexandra Hotel, sort it out! With a bit more effort this could be a nice place, but we were sorely disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that overlook Schreiber Street - there is major construction work beginning at 7am every morning directly opposite
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We were greeted by the receptionist which was so nice and educated... We waited few minutes until they opened the hall... It looked amazing ... antipasto... soups ... pasta dishes main courses... deserts... It was divine the food to die for... All buffet...
Loved it and would definately visit again... btw very affordable price aswell

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Was very disappointed in this hotel. Would not use it again. Stayed B&B. But the breakfast was poor. Our room was ok however a charge to use safe, fridge and wifi is now unacceptable. We were lucky and we had a balcony which over looked a free wifi hotspot! So wifi on the balcony! Never got to use the bar which had good reviews. Pool was on the roof and another bar up there ( bar closed around 3pm). However 7pm and roof looked up......in August!!!!!!! Tried to use the pool twice, but never any sun beds or seating available. Pool also very dirty! Could be so much better!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I normally dont write reviews but i was so happy i chose this hotel that i said to myself they deserve it. I loved the hotel and lovely, sweet, friendly people working there... Always with smile and ease.. Hotel was great, moderm and clean and even if something would not work it woild not bother me :D
Sending love from cold London and see you soon :*
Room 324...

Room Tip: Enjoy your holidays instead of looking for faults in rooms lol
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends