4,496 results
All reviews the club lounge private beach paranga restaurant indoor pool al fresco beach bar diamond resorts building work bars and clubs pre dinner drinks busy area st julians night life hotel restaurants bay street large hotel five star hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Hotel itself was great but the location is in the middle of hustle and bustle of night lifes with young people (Cinema,shopping mall and bars just outside..). The hotel has no parking space and is located at the very narrow road. You will have to pay for the parking(max 9euro a day) or have to find the available spot on the street.
Once inside the hotel you'd feel quite pampered.
Gym,swimming pool, breakfast.....they are all good apart from getting fed up with the repetition of the breakfast everyday.
The staff friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2010

A pleasant greeting from the reception when checking in. Downside was the word she used for the room was 'panoramic'. Obviously their understanding of the word was different to ours. But I must say that having looked around the various room locations we were in one of the better ones. We were facing the garden but being on the 10th floor you had to look down to appreciate it. Directly opposite our eyeline were what looked like staff rooms (one window) and above that ongoing building work with a crane in our vision to the right.
The room was ample big enough, the bathroom was large and it had both walk-in shower plus a bath. Trouble being the water soaked the floor from the shower. Great to have a kettle although the supplies of Tea/Coffee/Sugar and Milk were not always replenished every day. Again not a major problem as I had taken my own supplies. Disappointing also not to have ice machines in the corridors considering this is 5*.

Very close to 'club land' but we didnt hear any noise from this at all.

Breakfast was an amazing display of food, so glad we were booked in as 'bed & breakfast'. There was so much choice it made some days difficult. Some of the young waitressess were a bit 'swift' to clear the plates and twice nearly took my husbands nose with them. We did point this out to them and they were ok.

I would have preferred this hotel had it been closer to a bus stop, my husband is not too good at walking these days, but for fit people it would be ok.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

We just came back. We stayed in two rooms on the 11th floor, whick looked beautiful but smelled so much mould omg, no words. Especially the smaller one, it was just impossible to stay at. I have a young child with asthma, so after the first night I asked for another room. They came to clean the carpet, but alas of no use. How can they not see that the mould is destroying everything about that hotel?? After my complaining they gave us a perfect room on the 14th floor which had no smell of mould, but was rather noisy. I don't care. I'm grateful they changed it.

Other than that, the restaurant was good, the facilities as well (though I heard that the pool wasn't clean), and the people at the concierge were very helpful. Also, it's a HUGE and looks like a beautiful hotel. Though, again, it doesn't smell like one

Though, again, the mould is mould. And from what we've seen it's the same everywhere in Malta. But when you pay for a five star hotel, you expect it to be mould-free, no? |'ve learned my lesson though: better stay at a new hotel, even if it's like 3 starts, than a 5-star full of mould hotel. Though I hear this hotel isn't old?? WHY IS THERE SO MUCH MOULD THEN??

4  Thank effie10
Reviewed 29 July 2010

hotel was beautiful 10 out of 10,we had large room tho over looked the bac of the hotel,which was noicey as there was buidling wrk going on,also the clubs and bars were not that far away so could hear the music late at nite.Our A/C wasnt really cold because of this we didnt really get much sleep 2 bloody warm.....Pool was gr8,wat i loved about it is that i didnt have to get up at the craic of dawn and q 4 a sunbed,in the best spot to get the sun,as there is plenty of room available,dnt bring beach towls as they are provided 4 pool and beach.THE BEACH IS SMALL BUT NICE..worth an afternoon there..When i was there there wasnt a kids club which kinda put a dampner on hols but we made the most of as i have a 14 and 9 yr daughter there was a cinema rite nxt dr to the hotel so we let them go there,while we went 4 a quite nice meal....Avoid the water park unclean and pricey.....would go bac to hotel just not with kids..u will c wat i mean...nite life gr8....hope this review was helpfull to u :)

Reviewed 26 July 2010

I spent one week on Malta in InterContinental. The best restaurant - open from 9.00 till late night - it's really good with the menu of fresh fish of the day and seafoods - "Indri's restaurant at Andrew's bar". Going back to InterConti - breakfasts shoud be ok, but I dind't find my favourite tomatoes.... rooms, despite of AC was really humid, even paper boxes were wet. Nice staff and roof swimming pool booked with towels for nobody.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business