“Very fine something and chips”

Paul's Seabreeze Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 366 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Stopped in here with the family for a bite to eat as we headed to the cinema in Paceville. Burgers, scampi, chicken nuggets and fish - all with chips; nothing fancy, but very well executed, and delivered with friendly and efficient service.

1  Thank TheStateOfMe

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

First night in Malta and tried this restaurant as really wanted Tuna and they had fresh Tuna, really glad we did. The place is immaculately clean and the owner was so pleasant and made us very welcome. The views are amazing and the food was great great, fresh Tuna cooked perfectly . If all our meals in Malta are like this we will be very happy ! And sure will be back before we leave

1  Thank davegaz
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We spended our holiday in St. Julians and were often in this Restaurant. The food is very delicious, The price-performance-ratio absolutly ok. Service is very friendly and attentive. We had a nice view immediately from the bay to the sea and Sliema/ St. Julians. It had got our favorite restaurant and now we are sometimes dreaming about the pasta and seafood. Recommendation to have a nice dinner with wine from Malta in this restaurant.

1  Thank ritahenry2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I debated even writing this review to be honest, as the restaurant didn’t feel like it was worth my time or effort following the disastrous meal that I had here.

I came here with my family at the height of peak season. We have all been to Malta several times as we have family here, and we were with my Nana who is herself Maltese. We are a mixture of young and mid aged professionals, a child and my Nana. I was dubious from the start when my sister chose this restaurant as it was midday, the restaurant was in a lovely location overlooking St Paul’s Bay - yet it was absolutely dead inside.

We ordered a variety of food, burgers, chips and seafood.

Well, where do I begin with the terrible quality of the food and the even worse customer service from the manager. The prawns were just the most disgusting thing I have ever seen - they looked (and smelled) rancid. My sister sent them back to be cooked as she wanted to be courteous and give them the benefit of the doubt. They came back THE SAME! My sister and Nana both tried them and were fighting back the urge to vomit with the horrible taste of them.

The burgers were not fresh (chicken burgers) and the salad was brown. The chips were old and we had to stop my little cousin eating them as we were fearful of her getting a stomach bug.

My sister sent them back eventually and then, the manager came storming over with the plate of prawns in her hand. Firstly, this is an entirely inappropriate way to approach customers! She began to launch into a tirade of abuse, shouting about how the prawns were fine and shoving them in my sisters face!

She would not listen to the very polite argument of my sister at all and was gesturing and shouting at my sister. We were all in complete shock! My little cousin (it was her first family holiday abroad to meet our Maltese family, she is 6 years old) was sat with her mouth open looking scared and confused as to why a random lady was shouting at us all. We had to reassure her a few times that it was okay.

The manager then proceeded to shout more and insulted us by shouting “Is this how you people eat for free then, you must be used to this”. We were so embarrassed and upset! Like I said, we are a family of professionals with very good income and I especially HATE to complain about food unless absolutely necessary so was mortified! We couldn’t tell if she was just generally rude, or if she was making racist stereotypes/being generally racist in her behaviour ( we are a mixed race family - Black, Asian and Maltese).

The only positive thing about the whole experience was that the young waitress, who also looked embarrassed, was apologetic. We reassured her that it was not her fault and she had been fine.

Suffice to say, I would strongly urge anyone against this restaurant. The food is disgusting, the managers attitude and behaviour is disgusting and the overall experience was embarrassing and caused a lot of distress to a young child at the time. (She is okay now, but still talks about the angry lady in Malta!).

1  Thank Galaxygirl24
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

GREAT RESTAURANT. Good food. Excellent service ( Thanks Leno). Read-only priced. Thoroughly recommended.