“Was expecting something better.”
Review of Henry J.Bean's

Henry J.Bean's
Ranked #126 of 366 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For more casual dining, guests can enjoy a meal at Henry J. Bean's, the all-American bar and grill famous for well-made drinks, cocktails and delicious food. The bar carries an extensive range of spirits and wine to cater for both classic and contemporary tastes while the menu focuses on the open grill where our chefs expertly prepare a great selection of burgers, sandwiches, steaks and salads. Sports fans can enjoy a drink while watching their favourite team in crystal clarity as all major sporting events are shown live on the big screens within the venue. Henry J. Bean's is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner and drinks. Seating is inside or on our al fresco terrace with its wonderful views.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Food was average. I definitely felt it could have been better as ribs were rather chewy, as opposed to meat falling off the bone.

HanksManager, Manager at Henry J.Bean's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

I am sorry that we weren't up to your standard but we take feedback very serious and I will make sure your comments wont go unnoticed .

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

First visit to this outlet ,while staying at the Corinthia St George ! Lovely Decor ,quick and prompt serves from all Staff, Enjoyed the Happy Hour, Very good value for money, Food was delicious ! especially loved the Ribs and chicken wings , massive portions all served with fries and coleslaw, The staff are super friendly and efficient . Surprisingly for a monday night, this outlet was packed solid, keep up the Good Work Guys

HanksManager, Manager at Henry J.Bean's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am really grateful that you enjoyed your time at Henry J Beans. We value your feedback very much and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our restaurant. Thank you again for your kind comments and hope that you visit again in future. I will pass on your kind comments to the kitchen.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My wife visited here with her friend whist I joyfully watched Spurs go out of the Champions League down the pub! The venue is attached to the Corinthia Hotel and is themed like an American bar. We had been in here the night before to watch the magnificent Liverpool. They said that the food was nice - both had burgers and chips. Maltese prices so not the cheapest place in town. Would not recommend but at the same time would not deter.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Hanks is our best place to be..be it for cocktails,lunch with kids or dinner we always go home fully satisfied both with food and also service.
One cannot not mention the excellent hosting and service offered by Helena. Its always a pleasure to see her friendly approach and genuine smile everytime we visit
Needless to say kids are also catered for at this venue since upon seating Helena immediately brings the kids menu in the form of a colouring page and crayons. The kids portions are adequate and it also includes desert and a drink. Regarding adults menu i’m attaching some photos which speak for themselves Keep it up kitchen brigade under Erics’ supervision.
Very well done to Corinthia St.Georges and one of its best outlets Hanks!!

Thank you again for your kind comments and hope that you visit again in future.

I will pass on your kind comments to the kitchen.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Used to be an iconic venue for most of us with some years in their bag, used to be the place to go for wholesome hearty dishes especially their famous rack of ribs and cocktails. Gone there this afternoon with family, we where a party of five and the idea was to treat ourselves to some guilt free comfort food.
Two of our party ordered ribeye steaks (should have been medium) the rest of us ordered burgers.
The steaks where brought nothing short of welldone which were barely edible. The burger patty was too dry and bread probably left on the grill to far to be fresh. The coleslaw was not fresh and looked aged and unattractive.
We ate what we could (we simple ate because we didn't have time to send it back to the kitchen) and took the rest (half a burger with fries) as takeout (only to find out that the food was nothing short of having been dumped in a box).

In a nutshell nothing close to the glorious past of HJB.

S. Debono

HanksManager, Manager at Henry J.Bean's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback very much and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our restaurant. I am sorry that we weren't up to your standard but we take feedback very serious and i will make sure your comments wont go unnoticed .

I would like to know more about your experience . Should you wish to send me an email , please do not hesitate .