“Poor in all aspects”

Henry J.Bean's
Ranked #125 of 366 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For more casual dining, guests can enjoy a meal at Henry J. Bean's, the all-American bar and grill famous for well-made drinks, cocktails and delicious food. The bar carries an extensive range of spirits and wine to cater for both classic and contemporary tastes while the menu focuses on the open grill where our chefs expertly prepare a great selection of burgers, sandwiches, steaks and salads. Sports fans can enjoy a drink while watching their favourite team in crystal clarity as all major sporting events are shown live on the big screens within the venue. Henry J. Bean's is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner and drinks. Seating is inside or on our al fresco terrace with its wonderful views.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Used to be an iconic venue for most of us with some years in their bag, used to be the place to go for wholesome hearty dishes especially their famous rack of ribs and cocktails. Gone there this afternoon with family, we where a party of five and the idea was to treat ourselves to some guilt free comfort food.
Two of our party ordered ribeye steaks (should have been medium) the rest of us ordered burgers.
The steaks where brought nothing short of welldone which were barely edible. The burger patty was too dry and bread probably left on the grill to far to be fresh. The coleslaw was not fresh and looked aged and unattractive.
We ate what we could (we simple ate because we didn't have time to send it back to the kitchen) and took the rest (half a burger with fries) as takeout (only to find out that the food was nothing short of having been dumped in a box).

In a nutshell nothing close to the glorious past of HJB.

S. Debono

HanksManager, Manager at Henry J.Bean's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback very much and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our restaurant. I am sorry that we weren't up to your standard but we take feedback very serious and i will make sure your comments wont go unnoticed .

I would like to know more about your experience . Should you wish to send me an email , please do not hesitate .

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We visited last weekend in our long weekend in Malta. We had dinner there one night and watched rugby saturday night. They even out commentary on when I asked. Perfect. The food is very good and very big portions. We stayed at the Corinthia and it was very convinient.

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am really grateful that you enjoyed your time at Henry J Beans. We value your feedback very much and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our restaurant. Thank you again for your kind comments and hope that you visit again in future.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely dinner at Henry J. Bean's. The food was absolutelly wonderful and perfectly served. The management and waiting staff here makes great job for an outstanding customer experience. Especially the waitresses working there really can make your day with the smile they share. :) This place has its own charm and I am looking forward to be back there when it will be few degrees warmer outside, when I can sit on the sea front patio and enjoy the view with delicious meal and a glass of wine. Please give our thanks to Massimo whose attention and friendliness was the cherry on the cake to our great experience of this place.

HanksManager, Manager at Henry J.Bean's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

I will pass on your kind comments to Massimo and the waitresses .

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here while staying at the Marina Hotel. Our first visit was great. It was about 6pm and not too busy. Staff were attentive, service was quick & food was yummy. I really enjoyed the salmon - portion size is huge! We also happened to arrive during happy hour so got a free second drink :)

We loved the whole atmosphere of the place - it’s comfortable & decorated in vintage memorabilia. My partner was also happy with the sport being shown on the TV!

Sadly our second visit wasn’t as great. This time it was a bit later, about 8pm on a Thursday. It appears they don’t have enough staff to cope in busy periods.

We were kept waiting at the entrance to be seated for a good few minutes - there didn’t seem to be any staff in sight! When we were eventually seated we waited again for a very long time for service. One of the waiters actually walked straight past us to clear a table and completely ignored us. Sadly we ended up walking out.

HanksManager, Manager at Henry J.Bean's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your first visit. I am really grateful that you enjoyed your time at Henry J Beans. However I am really sorry you did not enjoy your second visit as this isn’t our usual standard . We value your feedback very much and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our restaurant. Thank you again for your honest comments and hope that you visit again in future.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

That restaurant is Amazing! We went there bc my parents told me that we need to have a Dinner there. So we went there without a reservation. They Where Nearly Gully booked But they still gave is a table. The Food is aaaamaazing! The ribs are more than delicious. Also the Burger is more than delicious. The Service is friendly and polite.
I would definetely recommend that restaurant!