All reviews julian's bay st julian cleaned every day friendly hotel bus routes air conditioning restaurants and bars yogurt valletta clubs nightlife
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We really enjoyed our week here, the staff were very helpful, the place is modern and clean and we always got agood nights sleep. Very handy to transport in and out of Valetta. The bar area is pleasant but it tends to close down early so not drink available after 11pm when we were there.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank PJKNorthernIreland
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in June. Lovely hotel a little tired but no differant than most hotels of a certain age. We booked a superior double sea view room. The view was stunning we could see around the corner to the casino and all around the all around the bay. I was wary of comments about the staff but I have to say all very unfounded. The staff were lovely helpful charming. I would not be able to point out one member of staff as being unhelpful or rude. Very busy hotel. We were there on a bank holiday where the locals can buy a band and share facilities. This was not a problem. Lots of babies children so if you are adverse this is not the hotel for you. Breakfast was great really enjoyed. Evening meal restricted in choice. Food needs to be kept warmer . Happy hour in the bar was great. Bar staff lovely. Bar meals really nice. Access to town a few minutes walk. Great choice of bars and restaurants lively area.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank garfeild
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The hotel is located really central to St. Julian's bay, and the views out the front of the hotel are lovely. Unfortunately I had a room on the first floor directly opposite the stairs, so didn't have any view of outside, and heard everyone coming up and down the stairs. Having said that, the room was exactly what I needed for the stay: the bathroom was really lovely, and the shower had a high water pressure (which I find is uncommon nowadays in hotels); the bed was really comfortable, though the pillows were rather hard (perhaps a problem if you prefer softer pillows); the room was fitted with aircon, which was instantly cooling after hot journeys on the bus; there was plenty of storage room for belongings.

There was a safe in the wardrobe, but I had no idea how to work it - nor did the staff provide any instructions, which would've been handy. The staff on the front desk were really friendly and smiley, and check in and out was really fast. I had a room which included breakfast, which was nice and handy (as I had long days at a conference), though was nothing extraordinary - they served croissants one day I was there which were really nice, I would recommend that they should be made every day!

Free internet access was provided, but was shockingly bad - I am unsure if this is because of the location of the room I had, or because it's just bad in general.

Looking around the room, you could tell that perhaps it needed to have some work done to it (for example, a bit of paint was chipped on the walls, a bit of the desk was chipped, etc.), but that's being extremely picky, and it's not what you should base a hotel of off. Everything was in working order, and it was a comfortable stay, providing everything that I needed for my trip.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you have a short stay, but I think if you are looking for that something extra special for a holiday, or romantic trip, there are probably better hotels out there.

Room tip: If you are willing to spend the extra money, ask for a room with a seaview
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Part of a stag group in July. Accommodated us really well, check in for 27 people was relatively quick and easy and was done in very calm and friendly manner.
I had room with balcony and sea view which had comfortable bed, air conditioning and small fridge which was very handy. Room had personal safe, tv and adequate wardrobe space. Can't fault the room, it's not 5 star but it doesn't claim to be!
Only issue was maintenance men were working in next door room from 7.30am one morning which was not ideal!
Location is great as there is no bar\restaurant in actual hotel but there is one right next door - and also a few directly opposite which are on the waterfront which was really nice, especially at night when all lit. The hotel is around a 10 min walk on a straight main road from the main bars and clubs - but there are a fair few pubs\restaurants along the road so plenty of places to eat and drink.
Overall, very pleased with the stay, doesn't pretend to be what it's not, just a nice hotel in great location. Oh, and free wifi!!

Room tip: Make sure you get sea view balcony room (I had 102)
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and our stay was brilliant we were over for a wedding the hotel was fine and staff very helpful we had a room with a balcony over looking the baluta bay it was stunning to see this every morning as we rose from our sleep the room is big enough with both safe fridge and coffee tea making facilities room cleaned every day and ghe hotel was spotless only downside was shower was small me being a big guy found it hard to enter but apart from that i would stay here again there are plenty of restaurants and bars around the area and an outside pool across the road.

Date of stay: May 2017