“a 3 star with a mind of a 4 star NOT”

St. Julian's Bay Hotel
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 10 July 2012

when i got there i seen st julians bay hotel a 3 star a mind of a 4 star i laughed a lot when i seen this! its not a bad place its basic its clean u have a bed and bathroom and tv and wifi and fresh towels everyday. i though the staff was nice! u got plastic cups in our room as glasses and u got no kettle but it was fine i didnt mind but u really do get what u pay for!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alice C

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were also booked at the Carlton and ended up being put here due to a 'problem' with our room. I would not have chosen this hotel for my accommodation and to add insult to injury our holiday money was 'dipped' into and we were missing 500 euros, on reporting this to the management they implied we must have spent more than we thought, i pointed out the money was in a zipped pocket inside my wash bag and I new exactly how much was there, and now it was 500 short, they did nothing about this apart from tell us to go and report it to the police and make a comment about how strange only some was missing and not all of it was taken??? They never mentioned it again. My only conclusion is that the staff with access to the rooms rely on the fact that you assume you have spent more than you thought, or hope you don't notice or you just accept the fact you shouldn't have left it in the room in the first place. VERY disappointing as having stayed in a few hotels in Malta this has never happen before, and this place does nothing when staff steal from guests.

Every other negative review about this hotel is spot on, rooms basic, shower tiny you bash your elbows every time you move, beds on last legs, pillows like bricks only one towel each so ladies if you like a second for your hair your out of luck, no hand towels, no where to place tooth brushes etc lift a joke, breakfast not even worth looking at, walls paper thin and constant shouting day and night.

Stay elsewhere as Malta is a fantastic place with plenty of other hotels to choose from.

Room Tip: to get a good room, choose a different hotel!
7  Thank GBRUk
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is a budget hotel that offfers BB only. As such there are no frills but it is otherwise good value. The staff were all helpful and friendly, when ever we did have a small problem such as a shortage of towels these were put right promptly and with a smile. Breakfast,which is served in the restaurant of a separate organisation is continental only, nothing special but plenty of choice , certainly adequate and you are made welcome.
The room was fine, fairly large with twin beds. Bathroomi is a bit tight and unventilated.
The hotel is located in an attractive bay right between Sliema which is a quieter area with water taxi access to Valetta and Paceville where the clubs and nitghtlife are situated.
Super lido right opposite , at a moderate extra charge.3 euros for half day in 2012
We did not go to Malta for the hotel experience but as a base to explore from or to use the lido. On that basis the St Julians Bay hotel was a good valiue and friendly establishment. We would use it again.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor as the traffic noise is high on lower floors with balcony. however there is o...
2  Thank Tobyhelen
Reviewed 27 May 2012

OK, I read up on this hotel before I went and saw the bad comments. I should have paid more attention to them. The place should be closed down.

I am not over reacting. The night we arrived the lift was broken. We had to walk 5 floors with no assistance. The staff were busy "explaining" the reasons for the lift being broken to all the other unfortunate guests so couldn't help then, but would have sent our bags up later. The lift wasn't fixed for 4 days while we were there, and we nearly got stuck in the lift on our last day when the power went in the hotel. We managed to get out on time. And the lifts can barely hold 2 people in them.

We got to our room. First impressions were OK. I mean the room cleanliness was actually fine. Pretty basic but as expected. Clean towels, clean toilet and shower etc. Nothing modern, but clean. TV worked but no remote (prob needed to get it off the front desk).

Then the beds. Well it was like sleeping on concrete. There was a spare bed in the room so I used that instead which was somewhat better. Then after 2 days my wife and I broke out in lumps on our skin, which we first thought we allergies but now realise were bed bugs.

In short avoid this place. It is nothing like shown on their website. The location is perfect which is a great pity. Sometimes paying the extra 200 for a decent hotel is worth it, it won't spoil your holiday if you do.

I

8  Thank JohnLennonsEar
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We were booked online for 2 night stay at st Julian bay hotel for a double balcony room . Upon arrival, we were given a street view room which barely see the seaview only if I tilted my head aside. Then I went into the front desk , n they apologize of the overbooking n agree to give us compensation on 10 euros per night! I checked the price list difference from a normal double to a seaview double is 20 euros, but reception said since I book thru booking.com difference is only 10 euro!!!! At this point we are forced to accept. The worst is the room is v noisy , waking me up the middle of the night by drunk neighbour next door! Also , the mattress is super uncomfortable , I feel like sleeping on the hard metal! that's why I'm here writing this review by waking up middle of the night! This really left me disappointment as today is my final day in Italy!
My advice is please pay a bit more for a better quality hotel in Malta, don't let ur holiday ruin by this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012
0.3 km away
Carlton Hotel
Carlton Hotel
#14 of 28 in Sliema

Been to St. Julian's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!