“Slow service and bad food ”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Sunderland
Ranked #234 of 458 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I visited on Valentine's day and had to wait 30 minutes to get our orders taken, then a further 45 minutes for our starters and 30 minute wait for our mains and desert. It ruined our evening but as it was their first night since their reopening we gave them the benefit of the doubt and visited last night for my birthday with my friends. The service was quicker however some of my friends complained about their food. One couldn't eat his margarita pizza and my partners burger was tough and seemed microwaved. The staff their have always been pleasant and are quick to solve the problem but I don't think I'll be returning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch here and found service great
Enjoyed food and drink.
As solo female felt comfortable eating on my own.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Only visit this restaurant if you like sitting in a fish bowl. They have removed all privacy screens from windows meaning everyone walking by can watch you eat. Boothed seating has been removed replaced by high tables and chairs and resembles a bar not a restaurant. Light airy decor not the old italian style we all love. And the music has gone to be replaced by modern pop. The food is still good but not enough to make me want to come back

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This restaurant is outstanding. The food and service is excellent and there is always a fantastic atmosphere. The people who work in the restaurant are friendly, helpful and extremely efficient. By visiting this restaurant on a regular basis I have gotten to know most of the staff. The Manager who is called Luke makes the running of the restaurant seem effortless when it is anything but! He makes everyone welcome and is outstanding at what he does. The assistant manager Adrian has exactly the same work ethic and is excellent. If I ever needed a restaurant manager these two guys are the ones I would want to employ without any question!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I went in here for a bite to eat with a friend before going to the cinema. It was ok, your average Frankie & Benny's really, but it was very quiet. There was only one other couple in there besides myself and my friend so there wasn't much of an atmosphere. The food was alright, nothing to write home about but no complaints. The staff appeared very bored, (which they probably were with only 4 customers in the whole restaurant), and seemed to find it difficult to smile or break out of their monotone approach. Overall, not the best dining experience I've ever had but certainly not the worst!

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Sunderland also viewed

Boldon, Tyne and Wear
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Sunderland? Share your experiences!