See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Very Basic hotel but ok for a night or so ?
The Hotel and Room in general needs a makeover to move with the times at the moment it stands in the 80s.
The rooms are small and again very basic but clean.
Breakfast is quite good with everything you need so there is no problem there.
5 mins from the Airport .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were traveling from Oslo to Kristiansand (and visiting sites along the way). We booked this hotel along our route to minimize driving time, as we were also traveling with our daughter. We did not expect much because we knew this was a "motor hotel." On the plus side, the room was clean and there was a large store nearby where we could stock up on groceries for our drive. Also, employees at the hotel were pleasant.

Here's what I didn't like: 1) They are still stuck on old procedures for check-in, like making a copy of my passport in order to check in. By the way, this was the ONLY hotel in Norway...and we stayed at several...that did this (and it still bothers me). I do realize that this used to be common practice in Europe, but times have changed (especially due to identity theft issues). 2) There was NO elevator/lift to the second floor. 3) Breakfast was not very good, especially in comparison to other hotels in which we stayed during our trip. Some of the cooked food in the buffet was severely burnt. 4) The room reminded me of a dorm room...but, as I said, it was clean. 5) Parking is plentiful, but had I not re-read the other reviews on this site, I would not have known that we needed to ask for a parking pass. They did not give one to us a check-in. We went back and asked after we carried our luggage up the stairs to our room and were told that we needed one (which they gave to us).

Again, this hotel served our needs for the night, and it was adequate for one night. If we had been in the area for more than a day, we would have found a different place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This has to be the most expensive motorway motel in Europe!
The location close to Torp Airport and on the E 18 (main road to Oslo) is ideal. The comfort of the beds is ok and the reception staff are friendly. The positive stuff ends there!
The room is tiny and looks as though it hasn't seen a lick of paint since opening in the mid 80's.
The shower varied from freezing cold to burning hot on a single setting. Cracks in the tiles of the shower and "well worn" bedroom carpet.
We had to ask for a hairdryer. No lift. Quiet until the building of the motorway started at 6.30am.
We paid the same price for a ramshackle room as we did a 4 star in downtown Oslo and the picturesque seaside of Arendal.
Would classify it as an ideal, low budget place for a weary traveller... it doesn't come close to £100 (150 dollars a night)!

Room Tip: Best tip is to look at nearby Sandefjord!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djelf
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Ok hotel, the room isn't inviting or big, but the beds were comfortable, but the pillow was about 5 cm thick. The floor in the bathroom was so slippery that I almost fell and hit my head on the tiles when getting into the shower. I would also have appreciated hot water in the shower. The TV was small and impossible to see from the chairs, but the selection of channels was good.

All in all, an ok breakfast with normal horrible food. They had a semi- open kitchen where all of the chefs looked like they just had had a bath in curry sauce. The staff was friendly, but didnt give any additional help than you would expect. Once one of the receptionist saw me after I had ringed after them twice, and walked even slower than she already did before reaching me and not even being able to order me a taxi...

I stayed in this hotel because I was booked into it by a school I was applying for and this was the nearest hotel, but you can hear everything from the motorway, and also they were vacuum cleaning at 11 at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Old hotel who actually looks like a motel. Small room with to beds. Nice bath after the terrible smell dissapeared. Not possible to see tv from chairs in room, only from the beds!
Huge trafikk noise from E18.

I didn't try the breakfast. When I arrived 0950 the breakfast was cleared.. It should be there inntil 1000.

Price: 860,-.