All reviewstrain stationnice hotelbig varietyhotel is locatedamazing breakfastbreakfast buffetspacious roombusiness tripgreat viewreceptionistbalconyfurniturewaterfrontchannelsseanok
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night while visiting family. The hotel is located right across the street from the train station and right in the centre of town. It's easy to spot with it's large, bright red facade.

Staff was friendly. My room was spacious and clean with a wooden floor, and plenty of wardrobe space. Unfortunately my room was not on the seafront but facing the parking lot in the backyard.

Bathroom was fairly small. There was no place to hang the towels, no hooks or rack. Worse, the tile floor was icy cold.

The queen size bed was comfortable enough with plenty of pillows. I did not notice any noise which was a pleasant surprise given the central location.

I enjoyed breakfast. The selection was satisfactory albeit it would have been nice with more fruits.

The hotel has been around for a long time so signs of wear and tear are not surprising. The furniture, especially the sofa, in my room has seen better days.

Still I found this hotel to be good value for money and would recommend it to anyone visiting Larvik.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Lilly R, Daglig leder at Quality Hotel Grand Farris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your nice feedback!
Welcome back!
Sincerely
Lilly Skow Røed

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Grear location just off E18. Very friendly staff in the reception. Decently sized room with a view and a comfortable bed!
The breakfast crew was however very eager to clean up and it seemed like they wanted the guests who were sitting there to leave.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2017

This hotel is opposite to Larvik train station. I can reach this hotel just by crossing rooad. The hotel looks quite old either outside or inside. But room is spacious. I got the sea view from my room, so I can enjoy the Larvik bay from my room. Breakfast is also great, there are a variety of food, Bar is inside the hotel, I can get a drink during my stay here.

Room Tip: ask for the sea view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2017

The hotel is located 3 km from the ferry terminal. We arrived there during the night and got a spacious room - it also had 2 separate bathrooms and toilet. The only thing was a bad smell in the room - we told about that in the morning and the receptionist kindly offered us a discount of 200 NOK. The breakfast was also very good, big variety of different food.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Lilly R, Daglig leder at Quality Hotel Grand Farris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thanks for positive feedback and good words! Wishing you a good summer!
Warmly welcome back!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We have been her for a conference and everything worked the way it should. Room and bathroom was ok - for my taste was the bed a bitt to soft. WiFi was working fine. The stuff is friendly and helpful. But best of all is the food. This means both the breakfast with everything you can think off but especially dinner. Best dinner I ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room at the backside of the hotel - very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Winfried2013

Thanks for positive feedback and good words! Wishing you a good summer!
Warmly welcome back!