1,250 results
All reviews spa hotel great spa superior room ocean view high standard course dinner breakfast and lunch delicious food the room was nice spa department a couple of times farris bad amazing hotel herbal sauna great weekend great view seafood
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Despite being a bit of a trek from the Oslo airport, this spa has everything you could imagine for the perfect R&R getaway.

The facilities and staff are completely inline with a 5 star hotel and the rooms with views of the sea are the perfect compliment.

I would also add that the website does not do this hotel justice, especially with the english availability, so please note that there is a fabulous assortment of ways to relax and spend time taking in the experience, even without the treatments. Multiple saunas, jacuzzis, pools and terraces to soak in the views and find inner stillness.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Cecilia Svensso... B, Leder  at Farris Bad Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi Akshobhya M,

Thank you for a great review.
So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.
One tips for your next stay, travel to the airport Sandefjord Lufthavn Torp if possible :)

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed a night for an expo at the hotel. Located at the seaside and halfway on the beach and just 10 min walk from the train station. I arrived later than expected in the evening and was greeted by very nice and helpful staff. Dropped my things in the room and hurried to the gym that closed at 21, so I had an hour. The gym was great for being a hotel gym. Small but well equipped. Two treadmills and two crosstrainers, lots of dumbbells and many of machines.
After the gym I went to the bar and ordered dinner, mussels and fries which all was heavenly.
The bed was one of the greatest hotel beds I've experienced. I slept like a baby! When I woke up I heard a sound that I first couldn't identify, but then I realised that it was the sounds of waves! Fantastic to just lay in bed and listen!
Breakfast offered everything I could wish for and I a very nice setting with the view over the beach and sea.
All in all I had a great stay. The hotel is very modern, the room felt spacious, clean and did I mention the bed?

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Sebastian L,

Thank you for a great review!
So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and had a good night sleep.

Hope to see you again soon, welcome back!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We received a gift sertificate of NOK 3000 to Farris Bad as a wedding gift. We got married 2 July, and when we called Farris Bad to book at the end of June the year after we found that the gift sertificate had been issued in the start of June, hence we were about two weeks frem the expiration date of the card.

We might have done a mistake, the date was written on the card. However, normally hotels, stores, spa etc. will help you and renew or issue a new sertificate. Farris Bad would not. They claim it has something to do with the card being electronic, which obviously doesn`t make it impossible for them to make arrangements.

Cecilia Berg, the hotel manager (whom I see are responding to all comments on trip advisor on behalf of Farris Bad) are very polite and friendly, but did nothing to resolve the situation. Which only makes polite replies provoking. This is so poor service, a level which I have never experienced any where else and which I would not expect from a hotel like this.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cecilia Svensso... B, Leder  at Farris Bad Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hi hannavel,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are so sorry that you are not happy with our service. If the card wasn`t allready expired I would have done everything I could to help you.

Please contact me the next time you want to visit Farris Bad.
cecilia.berg@farrisbad.no

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This is first of all a spa hotel. Very costy indeed, but with very good massage therapists. They are top class and the only reason to pay them a visit. Tasted all menues; breakfast, lunch and dinner and I have come to the conclusion that they could put some more effort into the dining. The lunch menu, or buffé was OK, with several good salads, bread, cheese etc. The dinner was a dissapointment.
The selection for breakfast is limited to few, but good sandwich spread and cold cuts.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cecilia Svensso... B, Leder  at Farris Bad Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi Karl Fredrik S,

Thank you for a good review. Glad to see that you enjoyed our spa department, and your treatment.
We will do everything we can to improve our dinner before your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights in this hotel. Seaside, interesting building, nice spa. The rooms are large, but as seems normal in Norway no amenities: no safe in the room, not enough space to hang the bathrobe after a visit to the pool.
We are at the restaurant: service was good but food is bland. Do the halibut tartar with quinoa was rather tasteless (for the chef- you need to spice up the quinoa, unless it is intended to taste like dishwasher water). The sous vide entrecote was very nice, but the sauce was industrial. The desert was not what we had asked for (strawberries instead of rubarb mousse) but we where tired of correcting.
The rooms need to be cleaned better. The wooden floor is strewn with spots of dirt that got stuck there. The ice machine was broken-down c'mon, no one of housekeeping saw the pile of empty glasses?
Surrounding area is considered the Norwegian Riviera. In August on a bright summers day there is nearly nowhere to have lunch. Unbelievable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Cecilia Svensso... B, Manager at Farris Bad Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Fainshmeker,

Thank you for your review.
Glad to see that you enjoyed the location and spa.
I will bring your comments on the food to our Food & Beverage Manager.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We will do everything we can to get better.