Dr. Holms Hotel
Ro Hotel(Geilo)
US$120
US$125
Priceline
All reviewsseen better daysski bartraditional hotelbowling alleyoutdoor jacuzzimain restaurantstaff on receptionset mealbuffet dinnerrailway stationskiing holidayspamountainsoslosummervariationlounge
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Historic hotel with exquisite paintings, winding alleys n a fireplace! Seems like frozen in time!
But not so - even the bathroom fittings are sparkling Villeroy n Boch!
Highly recommended in summers.
Can see the ski slopes from the hotel.
Absolutely pollution free- 100% pure air!
That is exactly why it was created by Dr Holms - to treat patients with respiratory illnesses.
Book in advance. Difficult to find availability

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
ToveHof, Kundeansvarlig at Dr. Holms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Anunalin.

Thank you very much for your positive review!

We are very happy that you enjoeyd your stay with us and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Over the years, I have stayed at this hotel many times. The grand of lady is getting old and tattered and is in need of TLC. What I find disturbing is that the hotel is dirty. One can clearly see that carpets in corridors and staircases are not vacuumed properly and that dist and grime have been allowed to accumulate over a longer period. I do find this quite unacceptable for a first class establishment. (See my pictures).

Of all the hotels I have visited in this category in Norway lately, Dr Holms also has the poorest breakfast. In general the selection is very limited and I miss a choice when it comes to basic things like milk products and yogurts. Having no other option but semi skilled milk with your cereals is not very good.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Dear Sjurontour.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on tripadvisor!

We are very sorry that Dr. Holms Hotel did not live ut to its reputation and your expectations.
The dust on the carpets is not acceptable and I deeply apologize. However, I am thankful for your views on the issues we need to address, in this way we can improve and hopefully offer better experiences for you and other guest in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Our experience started with chaos, as our reservation had been lost or mislaid, so we were in luck that a bus had cancelled ( at least that's what we were told ) so that we could get our two rooms, and even upgraded to make up for the hazzle. The rooms - when finally checked in - were good, even though the entire hotel suffers from a certain degree of fatigue - and as so often, a dysfunctional wi-fi.We didn't reserve a table in the restaurant - we asked in the reception ehat they served ( buffet ) and nobody told us that reservations were necessary. When finishing our aperitif in the empty bar, we entered the restaurant and were told that it was fully booked ( what happened to the cancelled bus ? ), but we were listed and promised a table within an hour. After half an hour, we were seated and free to enjoy the buffet, which offers an unusual degree of value for money in a Norwegian optic. The same goes for the wine list - or at least certain items on it - as we opted for a 2003 Margaux 4th Cru at a more than decent price. A chaotic start - ending in a pleasant stay, and sealed with a personal e-mail offering the hotel's excuses and a generous rebate to make up for the chaotic start of it all.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Steinar.

Thank you for your feedback and helping us improve. First I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding our buffet. We are however truly sorry to hear about your negative experience during your stay, and I deeply apologize for the misunderstading regarding your reservations. I can only ask you to accept my apologies.

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

This could be such a wonderful hotel in spite of it being old and dated. I can live with that and even find it charming.

What I cannot accept is lack of cleanliness. Dirty and extremely dusty carpets in all corridors and stair cases, is not acceptable! See my pictures!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ffviking

Dear Ffviking.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

After regular visits to other hotels with the Historiske label, I was expecting more. The restaurant was closed despite the fact that the hotel was fully booked, a bleak buffet had to cater for bus loads of tourists. Even when it comes to buffet-only, Sundvollen, Sola and Ullensvang have something to offer. Not so here.

Service was super friendly and helpful improvising the missing items in the bathroom.
That couldn't help the fact they were understaffed - what good is a 'please make my room' sign when nobody ever passes through the corridor?

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family