“God location”

Price range: US$12 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This restaurant have a god lokation. They have sone god dishes. But the menu does not change much. So if you visit regularly, you might get bored. Service is average.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I am writing this review based on multiple visits (more than ten), both with my husband and as part of a group.

The cafe has a good location on the dock in the city center. The food is OK. The service is by far the worst I have experienced.

It is truly like you don't exist anymore after they have taken your food order and brought the food to you from the kitchen. If you want a refill of your drink or anything else after your food arrives, even if you want to order dessert then, I wish you good luck - because you will most likely not succeed! The waiters down right ignores you.

I have given this place so many chances, but after my last visit, I have decided to boycott it completely.

We were a group of four ladies that went out for dinner. We had reserved a table. When we arrived, we were told that they had forgotten to actually reserve it. This was about the third or fourth time this has happened to me at this exact location, so it was not a one-time thing I'm afraid.

After dinner, we wanted a refill of wine and to order dessert. However, no one came to check up on us or to clean our table. We tried to get in touch with the waiters but with no luck. Our empty dishes stood at our table for about 1, 5 hours after we were done eating, before we finally had to go to the bar and ask for help. Some waiting is only natural at restaurants, which we of course understand, but this was ridiculous. Yes, there were other guests but the restaurant was not full.

If this was a one-time thing, I would not give such a bad review. But after more than ten visits, and seeing that this bad service is a reoccurring event, I figured that I should give my honest opinion about this matter. I really hope management does something about this because it is downright ridiculous.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my better half visit MM at a regular basis. The menu is rich, with multiple mouthwatering choices. They serve all from fish, burgers, steaks, sandwiches to salads of various kinds.

I personally prefer to use their outside area. The inside is of course ok. But to be honest, the inside restaurant, if there is a lot of people there(which it quite often is as it seem to be a preferred place for quite a few) it tends to be rather noisy. And, please misunderstand me correctly here. I have no problem with some noise, as I really love to be in crowded areas. But there seem to be something with this building(maybe lack of isolating materials in combination of a quite big room), that kind of make the sound a bit like a concert hall. So it might sometimes be a bit hard to hear what your partner is saying across the table(they have music as well, to top it off).

Well! Less of that, and more of something else :-) The food! It’s very good. Personally I love their chiabatta bread with beef. Really good! Thumbs up to that one. And also their salads are very good. For example the pastasalad is very tasty, in my opinion.

Often, when here, I end up with a burger.. man I just love a good burger! And I’d say the burgers here are tasty!

As it is also a bar they have a rather rich variety of wine, beer and drinks/spirits(and of course soft drinks if you prefer that).

Yep! This is absolutely a place to be. You can eat first, and after this, you may stay at the bar. The outside area is wonderful during the summertime. But also in use during fall and winter, as it is built in a glass fasade with lamps that provide warmth, plus blankets if you need it over your shoulders or lap.

The price of food is reasonable. About what you must expect here. The alcoholic beverages are ridicoulously priced! But that is the same all over the place here. And probably partly a result of our politicians wish to reduce the consumption of alcohol. But still! When ordering a glass of red wine, and pay kr. 90,- (ca. 8-9 USD, which is almost the price you pay for a full bottle in the store).. then fill the glass a bit up! They’ll give you a glass LESS than half filled!
That’s poor customer service in my opinion!

Besides that! Go for it! It’s a well driven restaurant, friendly staff and good service. If you also want to hang out after your dinner, this is a popular place. Usually filled up with a lot of people during the weekends. Also at weekdays, but then probably more for the sake of food.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This is a nice place where the food is good as well, I like it a lot and would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Cafe MM has friendly staff as well as tasty food, located on the docs, it's a very nice place to just have a beer or some coffee when the sun's out.

Date of visit: June 2018