All reviews buffet dinner good size short stay pleasant stay hotel room reception staff central location paid parking shopping street northern lights excellent breakfast following morning stayed two nights small town upon check northern norway cathedral
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I was very early for check in, having just come from the Scandic Grand in Tromso. Anne was very welcoming and was able to check me in early, thank you! I was in room 419 which was really quiet until day 3 when a group of firemen checked in and now a few were in the room next to me. I thought they were outside my door and when I opened my door I noticed that the door to the room next to me had been propped open with some towels. This made it sound like they were in my room. While my door was open, it closed and I was locked out. It was 3 AM so down to the front desk I went to complain about the noise and to get another key. Since the noise continued until 5 AM even after security went to their room, I asked to be moved to another room when I got up for breakfast. Natasha could not have been more accommodating and had me check out another room that was on the 2nd floor. Because it did not have a refrigerator like the room I was leaving, I asked if there was another room available. Natasha put me in room 630 and it was great. The hotel is right across from the Northern Lights Cathedral, a mall is just across the way and the information center is right across from the exit of the mall next to the Thon hotel. I look forward to staying again at the Scandic Alta in the very near future.

Room tip: Quiet room away from the elevators
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hi!
Thank you for the lovely feedback!
We are so glad you had a good time at our hotel, we hope to see you back here again!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Very clean, well heated room and modern bathroom. Very comfortable beds. The breakfast was very fresh, excellent in quality and variety and even had gluten free options available. The availability of free coffee in the lobby throughout the day was very much appreciated. It is located in the centre of Alta with the mall, the bus station, the mall and many restaurants nearby. It also afforded us the experience of seeing the Aurora Borealis. The staff is very helpful. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi! Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy that you had a good stay with us! And i hope to see you here again!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and loved it!
The room was very clean, dust free and modern. Tea & coffee making facilities are in the room only you need to get milk/creamer and keep it the small fridge.
There is ample wardrobe space and a trouser press (in our room anyway) and a Work station,which I used.

The shower and bathroom was exceptionally clean, with ample amenities.

We are in the dining room first night and the service was excellent as was the food. Thefush soup was divine and my husband really enjoyed is fillet steak.

Breakfast the following morning was just out of this world!!! They even cater for gluten free like me!

I give this hotel a 5 star rating because over all it was just excellent!
The only downfall I would mention is the silly paid parking! Trying to do that in subzero temperatures was painful and I think totally Unnecessary considering the hotel could probably initiate a free parking option for people staying there.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
301manager, Front Office Manager at Scandic Alta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hi!
Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate it!
Im really happy gou had a good time here, and i hope to see you here again!

Reviewed 19 January 2018