Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Worldwide Travel
Bangkok, Thailand

Best Hotel Near HEL Airport

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 May 2024
For a layover in HEL airport, Hilton is by far the best choice in my opinion. GLO Hotel was a consideration in the past for me but their rooms are tiny and they are not longer part of Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) so I am far less interested now since their departure. Holiday Inn is quite far away from the airport and requires a shuttle bus (plus it's very aging), while Hilton looks better and is very close to the airport so it does not require a shuttle bus.

I was upgraded as Hilton Diamond guest to the "Plus" room type is which bigger than regular rooms (38 sqm vs 28 sqm) and has the nice feature of having a sauna in the bathroom. The double-glazed windows are super thick, more so than pretty much any other hotel elsewhere in the world so soundproofing is excellent.

The executive lounge is a nice space to relax and also the hotel offers a convenient mini-breakfast buffet starting at 3:30am for people with jetlag or with a very early morning flight, before switching to the regular buffet a bit later in the morning. This is definitely a nice touch to cater to the kind of travellers staying at this hotel.

I have stayed multiple times at this Hilton, I tried the competition to compare, and I keep coming back to Hilton. It's a solid choice.
Date of stay: May 2024
    €106
3.5 km from Hilton Helsinki Airport
View more hotels in Vantaa
2,777 results
All reviews covered walkway helsinki airport the executive lounge early flight between flights terminal building close to the airport short walk from the terminal comfortable bed private sauna stayed for one night convenient location short stay breakfast buffet runway arrivals gui
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2024

We really enjoyed our stay here. In fact, I wish it could have been for longer. For airport travelers, the location is unbeatable. (We passed through security only 20 minutes after leaving the hotel!) The room was very comfortable. We were upgraded to a fifth floor room and had executive lounge access, which was great. We didn’t hear any sound from planes. The “early” breakfast was fine for us, though I would have liked to have seen what was available when “normal” breakfast began at 6:00. Would definitely stay here again when traveling in/out of Helsinki.

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alex P, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

Dear guest, Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.

You are warmly wellcome back.

Laura/Reception

Reviewed 28 April 2024

I have stayed at this Hilton at Helsinki Airport many times but this was my first visit post-Covid. In some ways, nothing changed much and sadly there was still no covered walkway between airport and hotel, but given the design of the airport even with the updated terminal, I just could not see a covered walkway. The hotel in some ways is getting a bit dated but is maintained well. The card slot in the elevator is really annoying and many guests have problems. A keycard touch pad is perhaps more useful. The rooms have not changed much and I find it fairly comfortable. The shower pressure is excellent.

During this stay, I still have access to the Executive Club but the tapas hour in the evening is really sad now with just a single warm dish of mozzarella sticks, and some cheese and cold cut board, along with really light snacks. They sadly copied their colleagues in the US rather than in Germany or other Asian countries. But I have to give them credit for their early bird breakfast available at 3:30am. Surely there are no warm egg dishes, but the continental breakfast spread is actually very good with a wide selection of breads and pastries with good cold cuts and cheese. I really appreciate the availability of Finnish Karelian pastries. There are also good selection of fruits and yogurt too.

In conclusion, Hilton Helsinki Airport is still good but I am not sure if I will pay for the Executive Floor privilege in the future, given upgrade to Executive Floor for Hilton Gold members is mostly a myth now. With the nicer public area at Helsinki airport now with plenty of decent food options and a 24 hours supermarket, I think I will be fine with walking back to airport for better food and grocery options.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reception Team, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2024

Dear adrianl277,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Helsinki Airport. We appreciate your loyalty and suggestions for improvement. We'll address the concerns you raised and strive to enhance our services. We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2024

We were exhausted after visiting Rovaniemi and we only had a fairly short stay in Helsinki so didn't want to travel far for our hotel and this hotel couldn't be more perfect. It's a 30 mins train ride to the city which is not bad at all. The staff were extremely helpful, efficient and kind. Merit reminded us that we're hilton's honor's member so we can checkout at 4pm and only have to pay for hourly rate to stay until 6pm. We got to shower before our long haul flight which is such a huge plus. The room was very clean and have all the amenities you need. One day my room key wasn't working so Jasmin helped me changed to a new one right away. Highly recommend this place to people who are laying over, would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and staying at Hilton Helsinki Airport. I am pleased to hear you had a lovely stay with us and you find our service and hotel to your liking. I warmly welcome you back!

Reception

Reviewed 21 April 2024 via mobile

Definitely nice room, way better than the average airport hotel rooms: modern light look, good size, plenty closers, great bathroom with tub and shower, minibar … very clean. They have sauna, gym, restaurant and bar that prepares good Espresso. You will need to walk 5/10!minutes in the chilly Finnish temperature and get a very small elevator to reach the entrance from the terminal. What really is unacceptable is the prices of extras: 6 euro for a small bottle of water is almost an insult…it would be better not to offer them as an option; only couple of tea bags: no coffee brewer, only soluble; the prices at the restaurant are outrageous … for what they charge, they could pamper the guest a little more.

Room tip: Parking is 28 euros a night
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Discover51580073771

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you find our hotel and the room to your liking. Thank you for sharing your experience with the in-room extras. I will let the management know your opinion. Thank you for staying at Hilton Helsinki Airport and welcome back!

Reception

Reviewed 19 April 2024 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located at the airport and just a short walk of the terminal building. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and have a good size and are soundproof. Also breakfast was very good. Ideal hotel for a short stopover in Helsinki and also a short train ride from the city center by regular train service.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and staying at Hilton Helsinki Airport. I am pleased to hear you find our hotel to your liking and had a lovely stay with us. I warmly welcome you back!

Hanna / Reception