Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jerome B
Columbia, Maryland

Good Price, but drawbacks

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Jul 2022
The price is right. The room is small, but ok, the breakfast is excellent, the parking is free, as is the airport shuttle. The major drawback is the lack of air conditioning, which is a problem on warm summer days like when I was there. At least they provided a fan in the room!
Date of stay: July 2022
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Mari J, Marketing at Pilot Airport Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 13 Sept 2022
Dear JeromeB101,
Thank you for leaving a comment for us.
We are glad that you liked our service: like our location and airport shuttle that takes you to the airport in no time.

What comes to the AC, I have forwarded your feedback to our management. The hot season is usually very short in Finland and it is luckily quite rare that we need cooling inside. :)

Welcome again, we look forward!

Kind regards, Mari J/ Guest Relations Manager
  • HolidayInn.com
    €104
1.2 km from Pilot Airport Hotel
Restaurant
Clarion Hotel Helsinki Airport is located right next to the Helsinki Airport terminal.
    €162
3.7 km from Pilot Airport Hotel
View more hotels in Vantaa
All reviews free shuttle connecting flight excellent breakfast helsinki connection
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

Close to the airport with a free shuttle. Breakfast normal for the region and cold food is available at 3:30am. Rooms are tiny; could hardly walk around the bed. No air conditioning made it next to impossible to sleep. We prepaid and should have been offered a refund so we could go someplace kept at a suitable temperature.

Room tip: Avoid in the summer
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank suzanneh35
Mari J, Marketing at Pilot Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2022

Thank you for sharing your experience with regards to your recent stay.
We are so sorry to learn that the size of the room fell short of your expectations. In order to avoid misunderstandings, we offer you the details of our room sizes in our homepage. Comfort rooms are bigger and not much more expensive.
What comes to the AC, I have forwarded your feedback to our management,
We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Mari J/ Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2022 via mobile

I had a super experience in this hotel. I arrived during the evening and had a connecting flight early the morning after. The hotel has a free shuttle service that is really easy to find and drivers were very courteous. It can also be booked for the morning after back to the airport. All staff at the hotel, from reception to restaurant were very competent and extremely kind. George served me dinner and I found him of great professionality and attention. Rooms were spotless and very comfy bed. I had a good and relaxing experience and I cannot recommend enough.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mari J, Marketing at Pilot Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2022

Dear guest!
I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us at Pilot Airport Hotel, thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. I am so pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I will tell greetings to our lovely waiter Georgi, and the rest of the crew! :) Thank you for recommending us to others as well. That is super important to us as a privately owned hotel.
We really look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Have a nice day,
Warmest regards, Mari J/ Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2022

I visited the Pilot Airport Hotel on a business trip and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My room was small but cosy and contained everything I needed on my business trip. It was quiet, very comfortable bed and bathroom and excellent WIFI connection to do my work.

The biggest asset of this hotel is its exceptionally polite and helpful staff who really made me feel so welcome during my stay.

The breakfast buffet was very nice and the restaurant offers delicious food. Outside the hotel you have excellent bus connections to Helsinki and the staff is more than willing to help you pick the sights worth seeing.

They will definitely be seeing me again in the future.

Room tip: Any room would be suitable
Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nikolaasb2016
Mari J, Marketing at Pilot Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2022

Dear guest! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for staying with us! We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your visit and that our facilities made you feel comfortable during your stay. Nice to know that our hospitality is appreciated. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff!

Once again, thank you for your kind attention and review as an effort to giving us and other Tripadvisor readers valuable information. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Sincerely, Mari J / Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed here as we needed to sleep a little between long travel days. They say they are under renovation but come on! It looks like it is from a horror movie, all entrances covered in plastic and restaurant and reception hidden in a musty basement. No air conditioning. Told them when we arrived around midnight that I need to take 6 am transfer bus but my husband will stay longer as his schedule is better than mine. We made a joke “at least one of us can sleep”. I left as scheduled with the bus. They called my husband to wake him up at 6.05 to ask why he has not checked out as he was supposed to take bus 6 AM. He wasn’t. In my opinion when two people share a (prepaid) hotel room it is not required to check out individually...So no sleeping for anyone in this hotel? Cannot recommend. With the same price you can stay in a functioning hotel so no reason to go to this construction site with unwanted wake up calls.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mirvama
Mari J, Asiakassuhdepäällikkö at Pilot Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your experience with regards to your recent stay.

We regret to learn about your disappointment in regards to your visit. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expected.
In order to avoid any misunderstanding, we offer details about the renovation on our official website. We hope this will help in the future.
We are very sorry for any discomfort that the renovation work may cause.
We are renovating the common areas at the moment so in the near future we will have more modern premises with better functionality as well.

Your feedback has been forwarded to the department concerned, and we aim to improve our service based on the feedback we get.

While I wish that your stay had been more pleasent, we still hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
Mari J/ Guest Relations

Reviewed 24 January 2020

The hotel is UNDER RENOVATION,until the summer 2020.Nobody mentioned this fact,so we arrived on the 19/1/20,through the back door,the reception was in the lower floor(basement?),the floor that we stayed,was under renovation,and in the morning we had to carry our bags all around the hotel to the shuttle bus,in the cold.NOT AGAIN!
They should mention this fact instead of arriving at the hotel,and finding a sign"we are under renovation,we are sorry for the disturbance".Call them before booking!

Room tip: call the reception before booking.
Date of stay: January 2020
Mari J, Asiakassuhdepäällikkö at Pilot Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Dear konstantinos a,

Thank you for sharing your experience with regards to your recent stay. We regret to learn about your disappointment in regards to refusbishment in our hotel. In order to avoid any misunderstanding, we offer details about the renovation in our website and also in all online booking channels. We hope this will help in the future.

We are currently renovating the common areas to make them more functional and cosy to our guests. The renovation should be ready by the end of the summer.
We appreciate your comments, as this allows us the opportunity to make improvements on an ongoing basis.

Dispite the unpleasant visit, we hope to have a possibility to welcome you back, and make it right in the future.

Kind regards,