“A long tiring expensive day”
Review of Disneyland Paris

and up
Disneyland Paris 1-Day Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Although this Disney theme park, originally named Euro-Disney, was met with protest following its opening in 1992, Disneyland Paris is now frequented by large crowds drawn by technologically advanced rides and attractions.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I have visited Disneyland Paris about 10 years ago. Having an 11 year old that hadn't been I decided to visit again. What a stark difference. The park is no longer fun. It is all about extracting €€€ from your pocket. Staff are rude and unhelpful (security guards come to mind) rides average 50 minute queues - so work it out, no more than 7 rides in a day with time for lunch. Despite having a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, the ride broke down 20 minutes before our pass was valid, and we were told that the pass was now invalid. Lunch was derisory. 2 of us had Chicken Fajitas. The guacamole was in a sachet and was handed to us frozen. Yes, Guacamole Ice Cream described it better.
We returned to our hotel, disappointed and much money spent. Hotel staff told us that Parc Asterix is much much better and to give Disney a miss. I will listen to them next time.

1  Thank tristancasson
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team – Disneyland® Paris at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

As comments regarding the staff are highly regarded, this area will continue to be monitored closely to make certain no future guests are inconvenienced as such. I personally address your issues with all concerned departments.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence when you visit us again.

Regards,
Bruce
Guest Experience Team – Disneyland® Paris

Write a ReviewReviews (37,254)
All reviews
"space mountain"
in 1,226 reviews
"small world"
in 740 reviews
"peter pan"
in 504 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 670 reviews
in 390 reviews
"end of the day"
in 305 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had a 5 day, 4 night stay and really enjoyed it. Yes there were big ques as it was half term week but we didn’t really have a problem. This was because if you use the magic time from 8.30 until 10 am and then use fast pass, you get straight on! The most we had to que was around 30 mins when we didn’t fast pass. We were self catering at Davy Crockett and as such we took our own food and drinks into the park each day so saved a fortune!
The shows were fab and really worth watching.

2  Thank 109kim
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Went here in 1992 when they first opened and returned after 26 years. Couldn’t believe how long it took just to get on a ride. Average waiting time was 25-80 minutes! Our Pirates of the Caribbean boat stalled and we were stuck watching the same pirates for around 5 minutes while an announcement was made to please be patient because they had a problem. Totally extracted us from the Disney experience!

Buffet at Plaza Gardens was standard but overpriced at 35euro each, plus the waitresses were RUDE. The cashier Nicole (?) was brash and impatient. I speak French so there was no lingual misunderstanding that went on. She just blabbered on about the drinks and the buffet, pointed towards the credit card reader and then brushed us off towards the direction of the tables as if there was a long line behind us. There was none.

The waitresses behind the buffet were equally rude, rolling their eyes at my
non-French speaking daughter while asking for her buffet ticket, and giving exasperated looks at each other when my daughter left. Seriously, in this enchanted land of fairytales and shooting stars, they act that way? Our waitress Chloe was very sweet, though.

We were there for a total of six hours and were able to get on only four rides. We did at least twice that in Orlando on a busy spring day!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

What an awful place to visit, nothing but an overpriced paedophiles paradise, after earning a free 3 day trip for myself and my family, we genuinely expected this to be a once in a lifetime holiday...

It is once in a lifetime, i would honestly never spend 3 days with 2 children aged 7 and 1 anywhere in the world and have less to do, the highlights of the park were the park (as in childrens park with 2 slides) and the scenery ('nice' scenary)

The rides (what rides?) are literally scenary with little or no excitement, i checked google to find the top rides after day 1 thinking that we just have missed something, it turned out that we had already done the top attractions, leaving day 2 to try and find something fun within this ridiculously expensive mass of land (hence the park with 2 slides)

After hours spent queuing for rides that would be disappointing at a primary school Fayre, we decided to watch one of the shows, this turned out to be just as awful as the rides, the same song blaring out for hours upon hours with no connection to Disney, yes the characters are there, but they simply don't connect with anything, its just awful music, repeating itself, again, and again, and again, and again, and again....

My daughter had been massively looking forward to coming here and wanted to leave after 3 hours, even spending hundreds of euros in the shops barely helped matters, on day one she told me that 'this is the worst holiday you have ever taken us on'(and we've been to pontins!) on day 2 she told me that she doesn't want to sound ungrateful but, Alton towers is loads better (anyone who has been to both will agree)

Moving on to the juicy stuff

On day 1, although disgusted by the place, i tried to feed my family at tea time, we literally tried every restaurant in the Disney village, all were either full or entered via the wrong door and after queueing we were forced to go to another entrance that was not clearly marked,

After trying to spend a ridiculous amount of time in numerous places we eventually found somewhere that was capable of taking my money and putting something on a tray..... If I could swear here I would, we purchased 2 chicken wraps and a kids chicken nuggets, expecting as it's €42 that the food would be warm....

Nope, the type of thing you buy in a petrol station half way through an 11 hour journey because you are starving, only 15 times the price,

Day 3 will occur tomorrow and this is the most exciting day, simply because we get to go home, no one could possibly pay me enough money to take my family to this vile place again !

4  Thank Jamie L