All reviews steak and ale pie liver sunday sleepover the pub served quickly sunday roast pleasant surroundings sunday night family meal cheesecake family get together lovely food varied menu an evening meal pudding main meal biscuits
Reviewed 7 September 2018

My son and I stopped here for a quick meal on a journey to Norfolk. Absolutely lovely. Very nice ambiance within the restaurant and lovely service. the meals were very very good and for reasonable prices as was the glass of Malbec wine.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jumpingjohn
AnneC2187, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thankyou! Hope you enjoyed your Malbec Hope to see you again soon. Anne

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here on the way back from Norwich in the hope of a vacant table and food.
We weren't disappointed. Such attentive, friendly staff. Menu looked great. I had the honey and mustard chicken, my husband had the liver & bacon. Said it was the best ever!! Fresh, beautifully cooked veg and plentiful.
We will definitely be back as heard the steaks are good here too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review! So glad you enjoyed your meal and we hope to welcome you back soon. Anne

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely place to eat & sleep. The staff can not do enough for you, they all will try their best to make your time with them the best. We have eaten there a number of times and also stayed there over night on 19th August 18. Our room was spotless and the bed & pillows were very comfortable. In fact my husband and I both said it was the best hotel sleep we have ever had. Just to add the dinner & breakfast was excellent and would highly recommend it. A big thank you to the manager & staff.
Kind regards Mr & Mrs Skinner room 4.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Anne C, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

What a lovely review! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you both again soon

Reviewed 17 August 2018

This used to be our "go to" eatery but having had a poor experience a while ago we decided to try again. Drinks took forever to come, food also slow to appear, the atmosphere in the room was of tetchiness amongst customers as they also experienced the same problems. Does not make for a nice evening out. To be fair food, when it came, was good and staff were doing their best but maybe there were not enough of them. Unlikely to return. Sorry.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Anne C, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

I am sorry to hear of your poor experience. We do attempt to forecast staffing to match demand in every way possible, seasonal trends, weather, historic information etc. Its not in our interests to run short staffed. Even with the best laid plans you can always be sent a curve ball and in that event we simply have to do the best we can. I know we have had a couple of situations of this nature recently. It would be really helpful if you could let us know what date and time your review is referring to, I would like to look into this further. Generally we don't have big problems with waiting times in spite that we are cooking fresh dishes to order. Our aim is simply to please every guest that comes through the door. It would be helpful to have detail on this one and I do apologise once again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve passed this pub many times on my way back and forth to Norwich and always wondered what it would be like in there. I recently stopped here for lunch with my family and wasn’t overly impressed.
Seeing as the pub is close to places such as Thornham walks, it’s a shame they don’t allow dogs into the pub. Unfortunately this meant we had to eat outside with the wasps (no ones fault I know). This also meant we had to bring a high chair outside, which was frustrating as the ground isn’t particularly level and I couldn’t bring her in close to the table to eat.
Food was only ok. My macaroni cheese was fairly bland, even with the addition of smoked cheese. We also had a veggie burger and a burger with bacon and cheese, again nothing special and spoilt with the brioche bun. Food overly expensive for something that was only ok.
One good point - baby changing facilities. Well stocked with extra nappies and wipes, always a bonus!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Anne C, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations. We did have a problem with wasps but this has now been resolved. Thanks for your feedback and please be assured I will take on board all the points you have raised. With regards to being dog friendly this is a very personal choice for all our customers but with the huge majority enjoying a dog free eating environment we decided to stick with this policy. We do have a beautiful meadow for dogs and their owners to enjoy (weather permitting).