All reviews afternoon tea mellington hall sandwiches caravan park dining room both nights log fire couldn't do enough sunday lunch wedding venue evening meal cooked to perfection long drive beautiful building pudding relaxing weekend lamb
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent meal and service. The Reception lounge as you enter the Country Hotel is so inviting with excellent decor and the lovely log fire and comfortable sofas to relax on to look at the menu and enjoy a drink.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank peterdN5438EM
Mellington2017, Owner at Mellington Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for leaving your five star review following your visit to us here at Mellington Hall Country House Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and would love to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Mellington Hall Country House Hotel

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

The hall and grounds were excellent and well maintained, the hotel and ground staff could not do enough to make your stay a wonderful time.The food was outstanding, from breakfast, afternoon tea, through to the evening meal. Besides the food was so well prepared and so tasty, the selection for both vegetarian and regular were extensive and appetising.
We had the most wonderful time, and will definitely be staying again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank suetherapist
Mellington2017, Owner at Mellington Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your fabulous review following your visit to Mellington Hall Holiday Home Park and your experience in the Hotel. We are very much delighted that you enjoyed your few nights away and do sincerely hope to see you all again very soon.

With kind regards and best wishes.

Mellington Hall Country House Hotel and Holiday Home Park

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I'd booked for Sunday Tea and it was truly memorable. We had a mixture of sweet and savoury and learnt more about High Tea. Notably it can include quite a bit of meat and a sampler taste of beer The food, service and tea were excellent.
They had been uncertain whether or not they could fit us in and it turned out this was not becasue lots of people were having tea, we were the only ones. The hotel had a couple of large events goind on so we had a bice wood panelled room to our selves.
Recommended

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank MrE1015

Thank you so much for leaving us a great review and a five star rating following your visit for afternoon tea here at Mellington Hall Country House Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and we do hope to see you again soon.

Mellington Hall Country House Hotel

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I booked a 3 night stay with my touring caravan arriving late afternoon, I was greeted by a member of staff who shook my hand offered me a choice of pitches, and couldn’t have been more helpful I felt at home immediately, when I found my water hose wasn’t long enough to run from the tap to my van, he rushed off to get me a loan pipe.
Once set up, I decided to wander over to the hall for a beer and some food to be greeted once again by friendly and helpful staff, the local ale aptly name “Mellington” was superbly kept and the Sirloin steak was cooked to perfection
On my 3rd day I asked if I could stay an extra night knowing that they were very busy, and they obligingly said yes that was fine.
I would recommend this place to any of my friends, it has views to die for and is so peaceful I will definitely book again

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ian R
Mellington2017, Owner at Mellington Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you so much Ian for leaving your review and for your five star rating.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your extended stay with us, and I shall pass on your kind comments to all of our staff, albeit on the holiday home park and in the Hall.

We do very much hope to see you at Mellington Hall again very soon.

Mellington Hall

Reviewed 26 October 2018

My partner and myself were driving passed Mellington Hall today and decided to call in for lunch, we were very impressed with the lovely drive up to the Hall and the warm welcome we received when we entered. We asked to see the menu which was very extensive plus were show the specials board, we both decided to have a main meal instead of our usual lunchtime snack. We chose to eat in the bar area as the sun was shining beautifully through the large window. We ordered soft drinks and our meals were served without to much of a wait, the meals were very tasty and plentiful- chicken breast with bacon cheese & bbq sauce for me which was served with homemade chips and side salad and scampi & homemade chips for my partner. While we waited for our food to be served my partner was asking about the caravan park etc and the lady serving us said if we liked she would get Claire to speak to us about it after we had finished our lunch. On completion Claire came and introduced herself and said she would show us around she gave us a little history of the Hall and park then took us to view the new development and showed us one of the lodges that are for sale which was fantastic with view out the front of the newly constructed pool. The site is maintained to a very high standard and all the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely return. Thank you Claire and staff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank w008
Mellington2017, Owner at Mellington Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thank you so much for your great review following your visit to Mellington Hall yesterday and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.. It was a pleasure to meet with you both and a delight to have shown you around our Portland Lodge that we have for sale.

Should you require any further information, or would like to view the Portland again, then please don't hesitate to get back in touch with me.

I do hope to see you again soon.

With kind regards and best wishes.

Claire