“Amazing vacation at Datura Villa...we will return.”
Datura Villa Front Front terrace and private porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Datura Villa Front
Front terrace and private porch
Large pool with hot tub
poolside relaxing
Terrace with pool and panormaic views
Lunch table with view
Great Livingroom
Living roomand bar
Game table
Maid with Morning fresh fruit
Dining table in screen porch with water views
Patio dining
Picnic table
Pantry and kitchen
Commercial kitchen
Commercial kitchen
Fitness and yoga center
Private fitness and yoga center
Tennis Court.
Nearby Doctor\'s Cave Beach
Cotton Wood Tree on property
hammock View
Full staff included
Welcome to Datura
Seawind Beach Club pool
Seawind Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Shaydep
Atlanta
“Amazing vacation at Datura Villa...we will return.”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

We recently returned from a week long vacation at the Datura Villa in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Every single day since we have returned I have thought about Montego and Datura! It was simply paradise and almost everything about the trip exceeded our expectations. We traveled with our two young children (son 5 years old and daughter 16 months) and then my parents and one sister met up with us there. After reading reviews about Datura I was pretty confident that the villa would be wonderful but you never really truly know how a place is until you actually get there. Also, this was our first vacation with extended family and it can be difficult to please and meet everyone's needs as far as comfort, activities, likes/dislikes etc. Let me assure you, don't have any doubts about Datura or Montego Bay! The villa is beautiful and spacious and grounds have lush beautiful landscaping. I was amazed at all the fruit that was growing on the property like avocados, mangoes, ackee, coconuts, papaya, soursop, oranges, tangerines, cherries...just to name a few. The flowers and plants are just so gorgeous and you are sure to get some excellent pictures. The view is breathtaking!! We loved sitting outside or taking walks around the property. The pool and hot tub are the perfect size and it was great being able to take a dip day or night.
The villa is older but well maintained. The bedrooms and bathrooms are clean and you definitely do not feel like you are in a stuffy hotel. Datura will feel like home and you will not want to leave. The main reason you will not want to leave is the wonderful staff!! Henry, Chisolm, Shareen, and Madge will go out of their way to make sure you have the best time! We hired Chisolm for the week as our driver and he was great with getting us safely to where we wanted to go. He's well known and respected in the area. Chisolm is nice but all business—tough nut to crack haha. I mean that affectionately. We tried to get him to loosen up all week and although we did get some smiles and laughs out of him, we did not succeed in our goal of having him join us for dinner the last night. That's okay though Chisolm. We'll get you next time lol. Henry we called the jack of all trades! Not only is he the groundskeeper, personal trainer, and advisor but he is a wealth of knowledge. He took my sister and I all around the property showing us the different fruits and plants. Henry will even get you a coconut if you ask. I learned something from him every day. No need to worry about all the tasty food you will be eating because Henry leads great workouts! He will put it on you haha! Make sure you take some water and a towel because you will be sweating. He does everything from yoga to strength training, Insanity, P90x or just walks/jogs around the grounds. Shareen is soft spoken but so kind and helpful. She takes care of serving all meals and making sure the rooms are in order. She is sweet and if you are lucky you will get to meet some of her nice family. Madge is a GREAT cook!! We miss her food. Everything she made was delicious!! We kept joking that we were going to take Madge back stateside with us:) Her and Shareen are a great team in the kitchen. It's kind of crazy how in 1 short week we grew to be friends with the staff. We miss them and will stay in contact until we go back.
Since we traveled with little ones I just wanted to give a little advice as far as things to pack. Even though our daughter pretty much ate what we did, definitely pack some snacks for the kids to have in between meals. You don't really want to buy the snacks at the stores because the prices were definitely higher. Although you will probably be out and about during the day, bring activities for the kids to do in the evening like coloring/activity books and small toys. During the day it was not such a big deal because I preferred my kids to be outside playing anyway. My son's favorite thing to do at night was go "exploring" with his Daddy using flashlights. They saw all types of critters and enjoyed the alone time together.
As far as things to do, I'm sure you will have no problem keeping busy and having fun. We went horseback riding, ziplining, shopping, to Negril and Mayfield Falls. There's still plenty we want to do when we go back. Until next time Datura!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The staff, view, and food
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA
Reviewed 11 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

Luxury-minded travelers
FL
Reviewed 29 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing