“The most wonderful place to stay”
Review of Rockfield House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milltown
Rockfield House
Ranked #1 of 1 Milltown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Our first reaction on seeing Rockfield House and our accommodation was that the photographs do not do it justice. The location is second to none (we would not have found it easily without our GPS) being situated in gorgeous natural countryside. We had the downstairs room which was warm, spacious, superbly well fitted with high quality linens and amazing attention to detail, including fresh coffee, tea selection, fresh homemade cake each day a luxurious bathroom. Martin could not have been more helpful and gave us excellent advice on walks etc. We had two superb evening meals,beautifully served, and the breakfasts were delicious with a large choice. We cannot praise Rockfield House highly enough - it was way beyond our expections. Thank you Martin!

Room Tip: There are two rooms and they offer slightly different facilities - personally we preferred the downs...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2015

We have stayed at rockfield twice and both times have been excellent. Our hosts were warm and welcoming and made our stay very special. The breakfasts are fabulous with lots of choice and the evening meals are to die for! Highly highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smewtheduck
Reviewed 24 February 2015

We stayed one night prior to flying from East Midlands Airport. Martin and Kate could not have been more accommodating. Highly recommend and I am sure we will be visiting this beautiful part of the world again in the near future

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G W
Reviewed 27 January 2015

I have been lucky enough to attend Rockfield House twice. The first time was with my husband for our anniversary and the second time was with my sister and our mother.
From the time you arrive, you're treated like an old friend.
This is a B&B with a difference; you can also have dinner (if booked in advance) - and I can't recommend it highly enough. The food is fantastic, tasty, imaginative and really, really good value.
Don't miss an opportunity to visit this property - it's not just for vegetarians, both my mother and my sister were overwhelmed with the food - and neither are vegetarian.
I will be returning soon and I look forward to catching up with Martin and Kate again soon.

Room Tip: both rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina D
Reviewed 21 January 2015

This is a superb bed and breakfast. And a price that is very reasonable. Kate and Martin are very welcoming without being overbearing and nothing is too much trouble. Every day they left home made cakes in the room and cleaned the room. We stayed in the downstairs room which I can not recommend enough. By far the best bed and breakfast accommodation I have stayed in England. Breakfast and evening meals are delicious and very wide range of choice. Breakfast including delicious fresh berries, freshly squeezed orange juice, wide range of yoghurts, wide range of cooked items - all perfectly presented in a delightful breakfast room with bay window overlooking a beautiful view of the local hills. The bed was divine. The bathroom spacious and exquisitely decorated with everything you require. The main room has large sitting area, tv, fridge with milk. Wide range of teas and coffees. Stayed in Jan 2015 and room is very warm despite cold temperatures outside. I could go and on. If you want to enjoy a luxury break in beautiful surroundings and lovely pubs (recommend The Old Poets Inn) book this - you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends

Been to Rockfield House? Share your experiences!