See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2015

We have stayed at rockfield twice and both times have been excellent. Our hosts were warm and welcoming and made our stay very special. The breakfasts are fabulous with lots of choice and the evening meals are to die for! Highly highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smewtheduck
Reviewed 24 February 2015

We stayed one night prior to flying from East Midlands Airport. Martin and Kate could not have been more accommodating. Highly recommend and I am sure we will be visiting this beautiful part of the world again in the near future

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G W
Reviewed 27 January 2015

I have been lucky enough to attend Rockfield House twice. The first time was with my husband for our anniversary and the second time was with my sister and our mother.
From the time you arrive, you're treated like an old friend.
This is a B&B with a difference; you can also have dinner (if booked in advance) - and I can't recommend it highly enough. The food is fantastic, tasty, imaginative and really, really good value.
Don't miss an opportunity to visit this property - it's not just for vegetarians, both my mother and my sister were overwhelmed with the food - and neither are vegetarian.
I will be returning soon and I look forward to catching up with Martin and Kate again soon.

Room Tip: both rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina D
Reviewed 21 January 2015

This is a superb bed and breakfast. And a price that is very reasonable. Kate and Martin are very welcoming without being overbearing and nothing is too much trouble. Every day they left home made cakes in the room and cleaned the room. We stayed in the downstairs room which I can not recommend enough. By far the best bed and breakfast accommodation I have stayed in England. Breakfast and evening meals are delicious and very wide range of choice. Breakfast including delicious fresh berries, freshly squeezed orange juice, wide range of yoghurts, wide range of cooked items - all perfectly presented in a delightful breakfast room with bay window overlooking a beautiful view of the local hills. The bed was divine. The bathroom spacious and exquisitely decorated with everything you require. The main room has large sitting area, tv, fridge with milk. Wide range of teas and coffees. Stayed in Jan 2015 and room is very warm despite cold temperatures outside. I could go and on. If you want to enjoy a luxury break in beautiful surroundings and lovely pubs (recommend The Old Poets Inn) book this - you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2015

We went there to celebrate my partner's birthday (on New Year's eve) and to visit family. I found it just by chance.From the booking stage Martin was really accommodating and he prepared really lovely birthday decorations (some made by hand!) and he managed not to let my partner know he knew about his birthday the following day. We stayed 4 nights. The "downstairs" room was spacious, clean and the décor was very tasteful. We love how Kate and Martin think of all the small details and nice touches. The dining room was delightful. We tried to find faults because we were so surprised that is was so perfect.The food is so nice that we don't believe we have ever eaten anything vegan or vegetarian that is nicer anywhere else!!! We definitely plan to go there again and so we hope Martin and Kate aren't planning to go away again for a long time. We really enjoyed their company too. Thank you so much for such a lovely time!!!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple