Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,346 results
All reviews leisure facilities lodge kitchen outdoor pool couples retreat the cottages main restaurant scallops single track spa experience self catering changing rooms steam room relaxing break stunning location first class great facilities short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Fabulous weekend at Portavadie. Excellent accommodation, great food and superb spa experience. Above all, the staff were faultless in all areas - friendly, helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. Special mention for Lisa and Sam in the shop - brilliantly helpful, and always with a smile . Conner in reception helpful, calm and friendly. Given that we are still getting back to some normality, this was exceptional - thanks to all. (Don’t understand recent less than helpful comments!)

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2021

We booked a berth online for our boat which was easy and efficient. On arrival we popped into the restaurant for lunch before heading to the pool. The portion sizes were all plentiful, staff pleasant and good covid measures in place. We booked our slot for the pool for 2pm where we had an hour to spend in the facilities. This was great although they could do with a member of staff on duty outside to keep an eye on the jacuzzi’s. They’re meant to be only one household or bubble per jacuzzi I believe but people were not obeying these rules.
Look forward to visiting again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AKennedy67
Reviewed 21 June 2021 via mobile

There is accommodation to suit most tastes and budgets here. We were fortunate enough to have bagged a luxury apartment at a great deal price. A beautiful space right on the marina - really gorgeous and massive!
I was slightly surprised at how far away the regular lodge rooms were from the main marina and restaurant but I shouldn’t really pass judgement since I didn’t stay at the lodge.
The restaurant was great for our evening meal - more of a fancy menu but I enjoyed all courses. Breakfast wasn’t great with no physical menu available for our elderly family.
COVID worked in our favour for once as the pool was very quiet. Good protocol in place. It was a shame we’d been told that you had to book the spa experience and pool time separately (meaning we had to book a time slot for both separate on the same day) only to find you could use both (if you pay for the spa). The infinity pool was amazing and we were grateful the steam room and sauna were open in the spa - and we had them to ourself!
Overall we had a mostly great stay. I would not have paid the regular price for the apartment (between a deal and a upgrade we lucked out!) but it was beautiful. Having gained a better understanding of the site as a whole, I don’t think I’d be tempted to stay in one of the regular rooms as I think you’d feel completely underwhelmed after seeing the apartments at the marina. If you can afford an apartment, go for it!

Room tip: You have to book everything in advance and the App is suggested all the time too.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2021

Just returned from a Friday to Monday break at Portavadie. The sun shone for most of the visit which allowed us to sit outside on the decking area a lot of the time. We ate dinner in the restaurant on two nights, it was delicious and a reasonable price for quality produce. Lounging in the infinity pool looking out at the beautiful scenery was fabulous. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the shop on site stocks momentos, clothing and groceries should you need anything. Can’t wait for our next visit.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2021

I’ll start by saying I wasn’t keen to go to Portavadie but my wife was desperate for a break so I agreed. Unfortunately my fears were realised. This was our fourth trip in 3 years and the previous three were superb. Because of the restrictions practised by many hotels and resorts it made the experience tedious and annoying. I fully appreciate the restrictions imposed on Portavadie by the Scottish Government but this makes the resort not good value for money. Portavadie prides itself on it’s spa and leisure experience boasting the largest infinity pool in Scotland. But as guests are restricted to 1hr a day and only one family group in the pool, jacuzzi and sauna this resulted in lounging about an overcrowded infinity pool until you get bored. On the plus side it forced my wife to do more cycling and hill walking than we normally do but this relegated the Portavadie to a glorified bed and breakfast and an expensive one to boot. On the plus side the staff were doing their damndest to make it as a pleasure able experience as possible and breakfast was very efficient and the food quality superb. Unfortunately the wearing of face masks by the staff made it difficult to understand the non native English speakers and coupled with hearing getting worse as we get older made it embarrassing to have to ask the staff more than once to repeat themselves. Not their fault at all and credit to their patience. Only one member of staff looked liked (bear in mind we could only see his eyes) looked like he didn’t want to be there. I knew the feeling. In ordinary times Portavadie is a great place for a break but during the restrictions it’s not. That will be our last visit until the Scottish Government sees fit to allow places like Portavadie to operate normally.