City Sightseeing Malta Island Bus and Boat Tour

Book in advance
from
US$26.52
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Mdina Glass
from US$26.52
More Info
All reviews christmas ornaments craft village colour factory glass shop items showroom malta souvenir bracelet shipping pottery
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2022

A massive factory and shop, everything is glass.
Really nice handcraft items, prices are okay (not too expensive), they also offer postal service to Europe for extra charge.

I have allergy for metal so I was looking for a bracelet with glass pieces but with 925 silver parts and they didn’t have anything like that, everything was with wire or stainless steel.

Date of experience: March 2022
Reviewed 6 March 2022

Worldwide shipping, but only worthwhile if it actually arrives. The tracking for your courier didnt work, and you refused to help us when we asked.

It was returned back to you and now you say we need to pay Shipping (€37) and insurance (€15) again if we ever want to receive it. Your customer services said 'From our part, we have done our job correctly as we did send your parcel and it has arrived to your post office. It is up to the clients to track their parcel and up to your postal service to update you with delivery status. I am sorry I cannot help you further.'

Did it arrive at our local post office??? We were never told and the tracking didnt work - why wouldnt you help us? This is a warning to anyone thinking of ordering for international delivery.

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed 13 December 2020

WARNING NON EU COUNTRY CITIZEN BUYERS! I am a seasoned traveler. A retired U.S. Military, Airline, and now private jet pilot who has traveled to Europe for business and pleasure since 1968. Please heed this advice: Whenever possible make your medium to large purchases using a credit card. Obtain and use a credit card which DOES NOT charge “Foreign Transaction Fees” before traveling abroad. This is VERY IMPORTANT! WHY? You do not want to be charged 2%-5% by your bank for the privilege of converting foreign currency into your country’s currency. BUT...REALLY IMPORTANT IS: If in Euroland, like I was in Malta a couple days ago, MAKE SURE you are charged in the local currency on your credit card. If purchase is priced in Euros then get charged in Euros...not your credit card currency in dollars, pounds, or whatever. I purchased 290 Euros worth of merchandise from Medina’ Glass using my premium Chase credit card which has no foreign transaction fees. The lady never asked for my permission to charge me in US dollars, but she did. So, their bank charged me 5% to convert Euros to US Dollars. TOTALLY UNNECESSARY! And, this is on top of the standard Euro-World “nanny state” value added tax (VAT) of 18%. I caught this the next day and complained to Mdina’ Glass. They said my original purchase would be refunded and recharged in Euros. We will see, and I will let you know what happens. I’m convinced that this is a soft scam. Think of the thousands of foreign bus tourists taken to Mdina’ Glass every year and are charged in their home country currency rather than in Euros with a 5% change fee from Mdina’ Glass’s bank. And I would bet my dollar to your penny that Mdina’ Glass gets a kick back from the 5% their bank charges YOU! Plus, credit card exchange rates are the best and you can contest the charge if you believe a scam occurred. Buy and pay smart.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 22 March 2020

Was recommended the company, nice manufacturer of glass. Not cheap. Just bought a coaster as a memento, 7 euros 50.

Date of experience: February 2020
2  Thank Jimvin
Reviewed 8 March 2020

I went to Mdina to look at the church there, and came across this excellent shop.
What struck me the most was the decanters, tumblers and wine glass multi-coloured display.

But they also do religious pictures, and Christmas items.

It's a two story shop, that hand makes the items in a nearby factory.

Date of experience: March 2020