Lowest prices for your stay
US$113
Free cancellation until 18/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$19
PricelineUS$113
Expedia.comUS$113
HurbUS$118
All reviews lovely setting afternoon tea christmas party scones wedding breakfast log fire cooked breakfast my mum woodland manor venue bedford breda disco
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

An afternoon tea treat for my bestie's birthday, we were greeted warmly into a small room overlooking the gardens. As we were the only ones we had a choice of tables, we chose to sit right by the window. Table linen was crisp white and the tables were safely positioned in accordance to covid safety guidelines. I had a pot of tea and Paula had decaf coffee. Tea was perfect, as a cup of tea should be, without skimping on tea bags. Coffee was a little on the strong side (personal preference), but we asked for a pot of hot water to take it down a notch. Food was served elegantly on a 3 tier stand and looked delicious. We had an assortment of finger sandwiches, brown and white bread with smoked salmon, ham and mustard, coronation chicken and cream cheese fillings. My only negative was that the white bread was a little on the dry side.
The cake selection was yummy and the scones with cream and jam were excellent.
Service was spot on, nothing too much trouble. Tea and coffee was an endless pot and we were even cheeky enough to ask for extra clotted cream!
A lovely afternoon and definitely worth a visit. I bet it's lovely in the summer.
Thank you woodland manor for a delightful afternoon tea.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2020

My wife and I stayed here a few times 20 years ago and have always wanted to return. We did so for a night recently and booked a suite as a treat. When we arrived at the hotel we went through check in and went to our room. The room was on the ground floor and had access to the garden but the room itself was nothing more than a large room with a couple of sofa's added. The bed was not king size as booked but a standard double. I couldn't see the value and returned to reception. There was nobody at reception but a sign instructing us to dial for assistance. I did and the phone just rang out...three times until the original chap came running down the stairs.

He was very understanding and showed us another suite that was much more to our liking and matching our exoectations. Having moved rooms my wife found pubic hair on the shower mat in the bathroom which soured the mood a little!

We went for dinner and eneterd the bar where the barmen just brought over menu's. When we looked a bit surprised he offered for us to sit in the dining room which we decided to do. He took us through and there were 4 round tables in a large room, only 2 laid. It was becomig apparent this was not a busy night!

The food was quite good and throuroughly enjoyable. The bar though was full of cobwebs directly under the lighting on the bar itself.

Breakfast was in the bar and was generally very good. One issue though was the fact that the toast came with margerine spread. Personally I hate the stuff so requested butter.

We did raise the issues we found on check out but no manager was called so whether the issues were reported or not is a mystery.

Unfortunately we were very disappointed but that could be in part because we had such high expectations. However, value for money? I don't think so, Food was good but the place is looking a little tired and neglected with more attention on the cleaning required. Given the current COVID situation the cleaning lapses are even more concerning than usual.

1  Thank Mark J
Dipesh Ghimire, General Manager at Woodland Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Dear Mark,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and posting the review.
I am sorry that few of the issues that you encountered while staying at the hotel has left you disappointed.
Thank you for enjoying our food. I will ensure we carry on maintaining the positive notes and work on the negative ones.
I also hope that we will be able to serve you again to demonstrate the improved standards.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2020

My husband and I love going to Woodlands Manor Hotel. Today we had lunch, but have also had a baby shower in the Glass room and 3 years ago took over the hotel for the entire weekend for our wedding.
The staff are extremely accommodating and the food is always of a high standard. We had a beautiful afternoon in the sun overlooking the grounds. Thank you for the discount during these challenging times, it was very much appreciated.
Woodlands have ensured the safety of their staff and customers. So compliments to the new Manager, Chef and the lovely Receptionist who always greets us with a smile.
Tracy & Jason

Date of stay: September 2020
Dipesh Ghimire, General Manager at Woodland Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Thank you very much for very encouraging comments. It was very nice of you to come and help the hotel during difficult times. We hope to welcome you very soon. Regards.

Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

We visited this afternoon for my birthday. The afternoon tea was lovely..plenty to eat and they catered well for two fussy eaters and a vegetarian. Lovely setting too. The gentleman serving was very attentive and accommodating too.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Pam, thank you very much having afternoon tea at the Wood land Manor Hotel. I am please that you enjoyed it very much and hope to serve you soon. Regards

Reviewed 14 September 2020

Came here for my partner's birthday as a surprise. Was a very lovely afternoon tea and the manager was very lovely and attentive. We decided to sit inside, and the food / layout was perfect. The building and surroundings are beautiful.

This really is a hidden gem for Bedfordshire, we will certainly be back.

Side note - we are both in our 20s.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dipesh Ghimire, General Manager at Woodland Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Good Evening Sam,

Thank you very much for lovely comments. It only motivates us.

I hope we will have opportunity to serve you soon.

Regards