“Yum butter chicken ”
Review of The Grand Pavilion

The Grand Pavilion
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Warners Bay
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

Butter chicken was beautiful, the chicken was non fatty and didn't have to waste a bit. Naan was great! All round good Indian and will be a regular here now.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

We are both Indian food lovers & this would rate as one of the best we have had.
We hadn't made a booking, they took our number & called us within 15 minutes. Great dining experience just what we need in our local area.
Food prices are what you expect to pay for quality. BYO as well.
We will go back to test out all the menu.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Dining by myself as I normally do while travelling, I was pleased to be seated in a nice spot and without asking, provided papadums and two sauces without even asking.

I had the lamb vindaloo, a garlic naan and rice. It was more than enough for one and although a bit on the salty side, the lamb was really nice.

The value was fantastic and this would certainly be a place for repeat visits.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Firstly, the food... WOW!
The food was the best Indian I have eaten in the area. We went here after hearing friends speak highly of the Central Coast sister restaurant and were super happy with the quality, taste and portion size of our food.

Sadly this place was let down by bad service. If this was an established restaurant rather than one that had only been open a couple of months I'd be more critical of the service, but being fairly new I guess it could be taking them time to fall on their feet. Still, I'd suggest getting takeaway...

We arrived having made a booking and they could not find a record of our booking, they all but called us liars and were very standoffish towards us, to the point of questioning what number we called to book. It wasn't until I showed them the dialled number list on my phone that they accepted I had likely made the booking as suggested. This seemed very off to us as the place was not exactly full, there was many empty tables. That aside, we were eventually seated.

Once we were seated everything happened quickly. Our meals arrived quickly - Our dirty plates were cleared quickly, every time my water was getting low someone arrived super fast to refill it... My dining friends found that a little unsettling, as it meant there was someone at your table almost all of the time, but I liked that, I guess it's down to personal preference, I mention it here just in the interest of a detailed review.

Another aspect I noticed was LOTS of staff, and apparently no specific section or role. It was an all-in approach in that we didn't have a single server/waiter looking after us, everyone was looking after every table. Again, I didn't mind this but it did mean we were asked around 6-7 times how our food was, no issue for me - the food was great - but my dining partners felt it a little too intrusive.

Also worth noting the venue is quite small, it seemed every table had more people that what could sensibly or comfortably fit on each table. This also led to the place ending up quite busy and loud.

All in all I enjoyed my meal - the food was delicious, but I wont be returning in a hurry, I'd more likely order some takeaway.

3  Thank FiverACT
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We have only ever had takeaway from Grand Pavillion so can't really comment on the dining experience. The Indian food is the best we have experienced in Newcastle. Full of flavour and there is actually vegetables in the tikka masala (unlike other local Indian takeaways). The naan is delicious and fluffy and never burnt (unlike other local Indian takeaways).
The service is exceptional too. Even customers picking up takeaway are made to feel very welcome.
Grand Pavillion is a highly recommended Indian restaurant and our new favourite!