All reviews beds were very comfortable room number busy highway restaurant attached room was large national park north sydney next morning ferry bras linens vanessa motel newfoundland supper wifi
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Most accommodating place i have slept at. They have the most amazing Beds and quiet! Best sleep ever and the owners are super sweet. We stayed for 2 weeks and was well worth it . Had a frig and a table so you could not ask for more . Just remodeled so it was spotless . We will be back again

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Great clean place, right off ferry from Newfoundland. No drama if ferry is late to find a place to stay
Wonderful tasty diner, good Chinese food. Go figure? Breakfast was good and solid. Waitress was a wonderful host..wish I got her name. She was busy as could be and as pleasant as possible.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We were in room 4 which is new. The others have also been renovated. Small inn managed by a nice couple for the additional extras you get. Although on a busy highway, most rooms are towards the back of the building and quiet. There is a restaurant on site with great prices for all 3 meals. If you are taking the ferry to Newfoundland, you are 10 minutes away from the terminal. On your return trip, plan for your breakfast there or other meals better than on the ferry. Will definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Was greeted by a lovely lady who checked me in without a hitch. Room was large, clean, quiet and close to the ferry. Shower was awesome, clean linens and ample hot water. Cable tv, wifi, and free coffee at breakfast. Two water bottles in room per day and a mini fridge.
Bed was new, and comfortable. Pillows were a little large, but personal taste aside, a good nights sleep at an affordable price.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We booked online, which was easy and reasonably priced. We did however ask if there was a playpen, since we didn't get a response back, we didn't bring one. Once we got to the Inn they told us they didn't have one which was disappointing since we just drove over 5 hours to get there and find this out. We got our key to the room number 7. There is a red exit sign hanging above the door, so all night that red light was shining bright in the room. The heater was extremely loud in the room. Never had a room with one so loud before. The bathroom was nice, except the towel rod was broken off the wall and had a hole on the wall where it was suppose to be. A suggestion, I learned from my mother's hotel; is to have a soup dish for the facial bar. That way it's not laying on the counter and leaving residue. The water also smelled disgusting. I'm from the country so I'm used to well water and lake water, I have recently moved to the city so I know what chemical water smells like too; and this just smelled disgusting. I had a bath Saturday morning but refused to have another since it smelled so bad. It kinda sucked that there wasn't a breakfast included since most places do, but their breakfast was good that we bought. However there wasn't a child's menu and it wasn't really child friendly (dishes, silverware, food). It's good for a single person that needs a place to crash or a couple on their travels. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with children.

Date of stay: November 2017