All reviews beds were very comfortable room number busy highway restaurant attached room was large national park north sydney next morning ferry bras linens motel newfoundland supper wifi
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We booked online, which was easy and reasonably priced. We did however ask if there was a playpen, since we didn't get a response back, we didn't bring one. Once we got to the Inn they told us they didn't have one which was disappointing since we just drove over 5 hours to get there and find this out. We got our key to the room number 7. There is a red exit sign hanging above the door, so all night that red light was shining bright in the room. The heater was extremely loud in the room. Never had a room with one so loud before. The bathroom was nice, except the towel rod was broken off the wall and had a hole on the wall where it was suppose to be. A suggestion, I learned from my mother's hotel; is to have a soup dish for the facial bar. That way it's not laying on the counter and leaving residue. The water also smelled disgusting. I'm from the country so I'm used to well water and lake water, I have recently moved to the city so I know what chemical water smells like too; and this just smelled disgusting. I had a bath Saturday morning but refused to have another since it smelled so bad. It kinda sucked that there wasn't a breakfast included since most places do, but their breakfast was good that we bought. However there wasn't a child's menu and it wasn't really child friendly (dishes, silverware, food). It's good for a single person that needs a place to crash or a couple on their travels. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with children.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CiviGal94
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Room was large ,beds were very comfortable ,bathroom was nice sized. Rooms were exceptionally clean. Very nice to have the restaurant right next door. Would recommend to anyone looking for somewhere to stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a wonderful, little, motel operated by wonderful people who are very accommodating.

The room was well-appointed, large and quite comfortable.

If you are in the area for the Newfoundland ferry, it is located quite close and I seriously doubt that you will find anything this nice in Sydney or North Sydney unless you spend a whole lot more $$$$$. (if a better place exists)

Highly recommend you make reservations as far in advance as possible as it is a small property. It is seasonal, closing in the winter months....check which ones.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gold-vintner
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We'd been fooled a few times by web site pictures but not this time. The rooms were pristine, roomy, quiet despite being right on the highway, with quality linens & toiletries. All new fixtures, comfy beds, a real delight! Put this one on your list when travelling in this area.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Acorn2011
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I just keep coming back and so should you!

Being in a convenient location for my business trips helps but the icing on the cake is just everything else about it.

First of all, it's new, super clean, very quiet despite the highway and the most comfortable beds I have ever had in a hotel at even 2x the price.

There is also a restaurant attached with great views. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and supper. Always busy and that's a good sign!

I have stayed here every two weeks all summer long, because of the rooms, the bed, the friendly service and because the other places just don't compare. See for yourself.

Stop in, stay. You won't be disappointed! I promise!

Date of stay: August 2017