See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family & I stayed at the Millfield house end of May 2014 as we were in Old basing for a bit of cricket! We were lucky to have found it as it was very comfortable, charming and quiet. I agree with the other reviewers it was a home away from home. Great attention to detail and an incredible breakfast, in addition the owners were very hospitable and wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank figo9
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I had an excellent night's sleep in a very comfy bed. Shower was powerful and the room very clean. The service was excellent and included friendly advice on how to get to the pubs nearby. I will defintely stay again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed my stay at Millfield House. The place was clean and the beds very comfortable. Nice toiletries and selection of tea and coffee. i stay in alot of places for work and felt that alot of attention had been paid to detail. My only complaint was the fact the heaters were off in the bedroom when I got back late at night. However, it was nice and warm when I woke up.

Laura was amazing-nothing was too much trouble and she made the best omelette at breakfast.

They have a beautiful garden which I' sure would be amazing in the summer.

I wholeheartedly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ambler-London2
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a professionally run, clean and efficient B&B with good water pressure to shower, ample off road parking and excellent quality breakfast. Reliable WiFi and a few minutes walk to fantastic Pub & Dining Room.
Do not be put off by personal opinions regarding décor, this is a really good alternative to overpriced hotels in the area and the bed makes for a comfortable night's sleep.

Room Tip: Eat dinner at Barton's Mill, have the full breakfast and skip lunch!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mphillipsDevizes
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our third stay over 4 years- it it was a case of déjà vu! The breakfast is still great & polite hosts but the room and particularly the bathroom could do with an update. It's time also to get rid of the dreadful mini fridge which is so noisy and doesn't actually get drinks cold. There needs to be better window coverings too, the light came in quite early. I'm not a fan of fake flowers in the room either.

Parking is easy & it's nice to be able to walk to Bartons Mill and over to Little Basing for drinks/dinner.

At £80 it's not cheap.