“A lovely place with caring owners.”
Review of Andway Cottage

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Basing
Andway Cottage
Ranked #2 of 2 Old Basing B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I would normally never consider writing a review for someone else but this time I will.

My wife stayed at the Andway Cottage B&B so she could be near the clinic where I was having a medical procedure.

As I write this she is standing by me telling of the kindness the hospitality of the owners, the exceptional cleanliness of the place and how comfortable her room was, not to mention a brilliant breakfast.

Yes they do have a dog, a very old and loving dog, now my wife is a cat person and is a little afraid of dogs. For her to say how much she liked this animal is praise indeed.

I ask her does the place smell of dog, "no, no, NO", is the answer, "it is just a loving creature that does not even try to jump up”

My wife will be staying there again in a few weeks as I have to have more treatment, and while she wishes me well, she looks forward to returning to the Andway Cottage B&B to see the place and the people who have almost become her friends.

These lovely people drove my wife to the clinic and picked her up again at no charge, they took the greatest care of her and that really matters to me.

To sum up, this is a great place to stay, with kind and caring owners, handy for the local hospital and so, so much more.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank the-wandering-fool

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed in this quiet b&b for 3 nights whilst working in the nearby business park. The room was spacious and clean and well equiped with free wifi etc. Run by a friendly couple who are very accomadating and happy to give you a lift into town or anywhere nearby. Good breakfast service with full english or cereals, toast etc provided any time you need in the morning. There is a friendly quiet dog which I was concerned about having checked here before travelling but there was no smell of dog at all. Its a short taxi ride to town or 15 minutes walk to business park or nearby pub grub. Very reasonably priced and I would certainly consider staying again if im in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Chrisjsy
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Please read the other reviews.... If you don't like dogs or the smell of dogs then don't stay here !! this aside Andway is a little out the way if you don't know the area, that said being adjacent to farmland it's nice and quiet.
Run by a lovely & friendly couple who are very accommadating, room was very comfortable with TV, kettle, Tea & Coffee, Biscuits etc, with fresh white bedding & towels however overall decor & fittings have room for improvement as does the cleaning.
Excellent breakfasts and friendly service make up for any negatives.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank toms0157
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Andway Cottage on a five day break. The room was wonderfully comfortable and very clean. The hosts were extremely pleasant and helpful, even taking us to the railway station and into town. Fantastic breakfast was provided by the very kind and generous host, Graham. Lovely, friendly dog called Jazz who was very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely come back when in England again. Cannot recommend it enough. Wish we could have stayed longer as the next place was far inferior and more costly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sheilamorris
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Andway cottage Pyots Hill, OH MY God, it was awfull, an overwhelming stench of dogs as soon as the door was opened, which drifted upto my very unwelcoming room . I had to keep my hand over my nose it was so bad. I had to open the window for fresh air. A while later there was an overpowering smell which was like incense sticks burning it was so awfull I couldnt stay there and drove home a 4 hour journey, but the better option,all my clothes in the siutcase stank where the smell had penetrated it

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank flowersDerbyshire
Graham G, Owner at Andway Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

This review is totally unusual for us. As we are fully booked a lot of the time we have many guests who would be bound to comment if the extremely friendly dog was a problem. The person who left this review did not stay at Andway Cottage for more than half an hour, and indeed left in a very speedy and abrupt fashion. Perhaps her ultra sensitive nasal orifice needs attention, and perhaps that is why a full appreciation of Andway Cottage was not ever obtained by her.

Been to Andway Cottage? Share your experiences!