“A pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Deli, Norwegian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017

First time in Leknes and my better half was beginning to feel distinctly peckish. We looked around for a place to sit and spotted what at first glance seemed to be a fishmongers with a takeaway counter. Imagine our surprise to find a pleasant dining room and a plentiful menu with fish and seafood dishes, naturally, since we are in Lofoten after all. Today's special was fillet of pollock which was beautifully served with a cream sauce and skilfully prepared vegetables. Pleased with our choice we then ventured on with the lithmus test of any kitchen, the warm apple tart wih ice cream. Full marks again! Warmly recommended.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Great little restaurant my brother and I found while on vacation in Lofoten. Seemed family owned and operated... friendly service and well prepared food. fresh

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I read these mixed reviews and thought that we probably visited this place for lunch on one of its best days. The service was very good. Very knowledgeable and definitely taking pride in the place/food. The food was cooked very well. We liked both the fish soup (probably one of the best we had in Norway), and I liked my fish (I think it was cod fillet). Very tender and not oversalted.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

It was late afternoon and we were just passing by looking for a proper restaurant, not quite an obvious in this little town. Fortunately they were still serving dinner. The salmon and the cod were well above excellent "husmanskost" quality and the desserts a sweet surprise. Not to mention the service. Thank you

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

The first dish I ordered was a mush of stuff that could not actually be identified. The menu said it was cod sautéed with bacon and vegetables, so I guess that's what it was.

I nicely told them I didn't care for it and could I have the fish & chips please instead. They were very nice about it too, and my fish and chips arrived soon after.

Unfortunately, it too was awful. There was some odd sweetness to the fish and the chips, as if they had been fried in oil used previously for sweets. It was literally sickening in flavor.

Just horrendous.