“Lunch Special ”

Add it.
The Old Siam
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Thirroul
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Went to there today for lunch. We had grilled beef with salad and roasted duck curry. Both of them came with steamed rice and were very tasty. Service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Cozy little outfit and one of the best Thai places in the area. Always great service and the meals are huge. We mostly get takeaway but eating in is always a good choice for lunch or dinner. I usually have the "Pra Ram Long Song" which I haven't seen elsewhere and it's quickly become a favourite.

It can get busy but the food comes out quickly and it's easy enough to order takeaway too. Jasmine Rice is my favourite in Wollongong but this is my pick in Thirroul. Always say I'll try the curries next time but usually stick with my favourite!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This place had delicious food, a friendly staff, and a warm ambiance. Another review says it was "westernized", but compared to many restaurants in the US that call themselves Thai, that doesn't seem true at all. I've had much more sugary, bland, "Chinese-tasting" Thai before. It appeared to me as though the family running it is definitely Thai, and know how to to make authentic Thai cuisine. Of the 3 other Thai restaurants I visited on my trip to AU, Old Siam was my favorite.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I've been here several times now - the first time was for their lunch special which was great value. I had the vegetarian Thai spicy salad that had reasonable heat and good flavour. Unfortunately the next time I went for dinner I ordered the same thing and it was completely different - simple salad ingredients with a sweet unflavoured sauce, very uninspiring. I've eaten here several more times and find the penang curry the best option so far, although it is also under-spiced and over-coconut-creamed.. The ambience is great though and the staff are friendly. I wonder if you asked them to make it for you the way they would eat it, if you might end up with something a little more authentic.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This is a gem and a top local find for us. For around $10 each we had top quality lunch sized plates of spicy deliciousness on a workday. Beats a soggy sandwich anytime!!!