All reviewsbras d'or lakesbeautiful viewlive musicmini fridgenearest townlobsterview of the waterhouse keepingcabot trailcartchallengesuppliesgrasssignsgas
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We have read multiple times the hotel has changed ownership and that the cabins are only managed by the new owners.
This is understandable to a point.
Then who is responsible? Simply passing it off doesn't address the issues.
The cabins are not priced according to their state. Even for off season prices!
Yes small and rustic is perfectly fine.
But sharing a BBQ with complete strangers doesn't really fall under rustic. Why does each unit not have their own?
The cabins are one bedroom connected to a two bedroom. And only one BBQ between. The BBQ's are not maintained and had a dangerous flare up. Yes we should have checked but assumed they would be in clean functioning order. Shared BBQ. With not a single tong, flipper anything to actually utilize it. That would go along way.

The bathrooms in the units are obviously upgraded which is nice.

The bathroom at the indoor pool not so much.
Missing a door to use the toilet should be addressed.

Indoor pool decent but the hot tub is a hazard. The matting separated from the bottom and is floating in the water. It does have it roped off. And there is a notice for no lifeguard on duty.

Outdoor pool was clean and bitter cold with a garden hose running into the shallow pool.

The housekeeping staff was awesome for the cabins. Friendly helpful and chatty. They provided us with a sheet for the couch for our dogs in order not to be charged if dog hair had to be cleaned after check out. Also provided dog dishes which was nice.

The young gentlemen down at the water activities was great as well.
He was very well informed. And had lots of tid bits of information regarding the area. He was very accommodating.

Front counter staff couldn't be bothered with us.
We requested extra fold up chairs our second night in and never received them or even a call back to say we have none or are to busy. We had 10 people between four cabins.

Absolutely no wifi anywhere between the four cabins and one bar in the lobby.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Naturallyhere
Judy M, Manager at Dundee Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you Naturallyhere for taking the time review your recent stay with us.

You are correct in stating the new owners do not own the cottages. We are in the process of formulating a plan to make this less confusing for our guests.

I am glad to hear the majority of your interaction with our staff was pleasant, we do take great pride in our staff.

We are in rural Cape Breton and wifi is an issue, we are in the process of trying to get better connectivity on site.

Again thank you for your review

operations manager

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I am so happy that there is a new owner that is making some upgrades and renovations on the main resort building, however, the cottages which are owned separately, are in major need of repair. They are old but clean. I enjoyed the bonfire pit and the grounds. The wedding there was beautiful!! It would be great to place wedding guests in close cottages, not mixed with the other guests/families - it would save a lot of grief!

Overall I enjoyed my time and weekend there! Amazing sunset and view from cottage 35.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin B
Judy M, Manager at Dundee Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you Erin B for taking the time to share your stay with us on Trip Advisor.

You are correct in saying that the cottages are not owned by the new owners and that they could use some TLC. I will pass this along to the owner of the cottages.

We love weddings here in Dundee. Having a couple share there big day with us is an honor.

Glad you had a chance to take in the beauty of the property.

Again, we appreciate your review and feedback.

Operations Manager
902-345-2649 ext 416

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We stayed at Dundee resort for a couplr of nights in the beginning of August with two small kids and three older kids. The resort offered lots of activities such as hiking, canoeing, swimming and grass for all kids to run around. So all kids enjoyed those activities pretty much. It was very quiet at night so got a good rest.The resort has a new owner and he put lots of money for the renovations.very pretty place.

I found a few house keeping issues that are broken plastic toys on the pool side, old structure of play ground, beer can on the grass area. So we had to be extra cautious and clean up for my kids. If some of the issues that I found can be taken care of, the place would be much better.

Room Tip: Get a cottage lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rie H
Judy M, Manager at Dundee Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently under new ownership as of June 1st, 2017 and are working hard
to refresh and renew Dundee Resort & Golf Club.

We will take all issues seriously and will work with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make your next stay with us even better.

Again, we appreciate your detailed review and feedback. Please feel free
to contact me any time directly 902-345-2649 ext 416.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My stay at Dundee near west bay was a reminder why Airbnb has become so successful. My booking was last minute, but for almost $200/ night with taxes, I was disappointed with my accommodation.

I checked in late evening with a lady who was extremely cold and did not make me feel welcome at all—lovely after driving for 8 hours. She was also not being overly accommodating about the wifi issues that ensued later on. I am sorry, but your wifi network needs to be bulletproof if the hotel is in an out of phone service area.

The hotel presented well from the exterior , but the interior showed considerably more age. There seemed to be a musty smell on the second floor that was marginally disturbing—kind of a formaldehyde biolab tinge to it. The a/c rattled and was too loud to use, the bathtub drain constantly gurgled almost like the faucet was left on, and I could barely stand up in the shower.

I was only at Dundee for one night and may have been more likely to give another star depending on the amenities. At this point however, I will not be going back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Stephen T

Thank you for taking time to share your detailed review on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful views . We are currently under new ownership as of June 1st, 2017 and are working hard
to refresh and renew Dundee Resort & Golf Club.

We would also like to sincerely apologize for your greeting upon arrival. We take great pride in customer service, this will be addressed promptly.

Again, we appreciate your detailed review and feedback. Please feel free
to contact me any time directly 902-345-2649 ext 416.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great value . The hotel staff were very courteous and accommodating. Will definitely return. Beautiful view of the Bras D'or lakes. GOLF COURSE IS well kept. Lots of options for type of stay. A little off the beaten track on toads that must be driven slowly. But we'll worth the detour
Plan on visiting again in fall when the leaves change colour

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 372darrinh
Judy M, Manager at Dundee Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear 372darrinh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you had the time to experience all our property has to offer. We take pride in our property and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Fall is a beautiful time of year here in Dundee, we look forward to your return.

Warm wishes from Dundee,