“Open Again & Well Worth A Visit!”
Review of The Queens

The Queens
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Queens is a beautiful country inn serving up to 5 great tasting real ales, fine wines & spirits and delicious home cooked meals freshly prepared by our kitchen team.
Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

It’s open again and we decided to give it a try last night and we weren’t disappointed. We sat in the bar area although the large dining room has always been a lovely room. Open fire in the bar area which was on meaning that it was lovely and cosy. The food was really really good having had starters and mains, all generous portions and cooked beautifully. A very friendly host and the staff were great, we will certainly be back and it’s well worth a look!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (304)

Reviewed 19 February 2020

We held my brother, Nicholas Dumphreys' wake here at the beginning of February. Thank you to all the staff for the excellent catering, beer and service.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Dumpers
Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

This was previously a very good place to eat before it went down hill, I heard it was under new management and I was eager to give it a try. The welcome was warm both from the open fire and the staff. I had one of the nicest burgers I have ever had, lovely relish and tasty mature cheese, good portion that I could only just manage to finish. The other members of our party also really enjoyed their food and we all remarked that we would definitely like to try other things from the menu. Thank you for a lovely meal.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

This a a village pub used by the locals, which is nice to see, it does get very busy and at times very loud, as our bedroom was over the bar it is very loud until closing time, we had a bar meal one evening which was nice menu is basic pub food but well cooked and plentiful, staff were friendly and helpful, room was a bit basic and the television very very small, would I go back, probably not, have had better at for less cost.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 15 December 2019

Went here with family, the place had just opened and it was freezing, no heating on or fire made. We decided to stay and the heating was switched on but we had to ask
Food ordered everyone had fish and chips except me, I had the chicken burger, chips were an extra
The food arrived promptly and looked good, it tasted good to
The place was clean and tidy as were the toilets
A decent car park to
Price, I thought it was fine but some items to some may be a little on the dear side
The menu was good, with a reasonable selection of food
Also had high chair for the little one

Date of visit: December 2019